PDA

View Full Version : CHEAP Foam gun that WORKS!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_DJ Mayo
03-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, was in Wal-Mart last week and accidentally came across this so i decided to try it out. It actually worked really good considering this was under $4. I put 4 oz of soap in the canister and the rest with water, foamed up nice and sprays awesome. The open/close valve is easy to use and overall I`m happy. This can be found in the garden tools/accessories area.

Foam Gun

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff161/Bsktballplyr16/CadiRSX151.jpg

You can`t tell that good cause my car is silver but its pretty decently soaped up.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff161/Bsktballplyr16/CadiRSX152.jpg

jesselyons2002
03-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah you can get that also for home depot.

dmw2692004
03-28-2008, 05:32 PM
hmm so is it worth it?

obey
03-28-2008, 06:21 PM
try to take a video of it in action!

mhadden
03-28-2008, 06:34 PM
I think foam guns depend majorly on the foam-capable soap you are using...otherwise, my $40 Glimour and the Walmart one both worked the same for me...

citizen arcane
03-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I use this one from Ace Hardware:

$17 and does what I want it to. I mix DG 902 @ 2:1 (water to soap) and use the 10 setting for prewash and 5 for panel by panel washing. Changing out w/ a hose end on/off valve and gilmour brass quick disconnects combined w/ a fireman`s nozzle for rinsing gets the job done.

I used to use one similar to Got_Leather`s and for rinsing without the quick disconnects I would remove the cup, rinse straight through the mixer`s nozzle, then reattach the cup for soaping the next panel. Quite simple, but I prefer the fireman`s nozzle.

I believe whatever you use, you`re miles ahead of the game by prewashing and *especially* soaping again as you do panels. This gives you additional lubricity when touching wash medium to an already soapy panel.

rebelde33
03-28-2008, 08:41 PM
I have that exact same one and I really like it. The only problem I have is I don`t know how to do it to remove the foam gun to rinse the car without getting sprayed in the face with water.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
03-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Looks like the same result as I get from my old ortho weed n feed.. it worked well for what I paid for it.. not the same reusult as the foam guns AG sells.. but then again they cost a bit more

BigJimZ28
03-28-2008, 08:47 PM
The only problem I have is I don`t know how to do it to remove the foam gun to rinse the car without getting sprayed in the face with water.

just get some quick connects for it

imported_DJ Mayo
03-28-2008, 08:50 PM
I have that exact same one and I really like it. The only problem I have is I don`t know how to do it to remove the foam gun to rinse the car without getting sprayed in the face with water.

just unscrew the canister from the hose and leave the top part on the hose, just make sure the valve is closed and use the sprayer it comes with for the hose while the canister sits on the ground.

rebelde33
03-28-2008, 10:31 PM
just unscrew the canister from the hose and leave the top part on the hose, just make sure the valve is closed and use the sprayer it comes with for the hose while the canister sits on the ground.

Thanks I will try that next time!

Accumulator
03-29-2008, 11:31 AM
just get some quick connects for it

But if you do this don`t forget to either get a female quick-disconnect with a shutoff valve built in or else put a shutoff upstream from the quick-disconnect ;)

Polygon
03-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Forgive me, I`m new, but have any of you tried the Mr. Clean car wash system. The gun inside will accept about three or four onces of soap and will mix it with the water to soap up the car. You can switch it to rinse. And it also uses a filtered mode to reduce water spots.

I`ve never used the soap on mine since I have just always used a bucket and a wash glove. Then again, those are about $30 or so......

dmw2692004
03-31-2008, 03:35 PM
I use this one from Ace Hardware:

$17 and does what I want it to. I mix DG 902 @ 2:1 (water to soap) and use the 10 setting for prewash and 5 for panel by panel washing. Changing out w/ a hose end on/off valve and gilmour brass quick disconnects combined w/ a fireman`s nozzle for rinsing gets the job done.

I used to use one similar to Got_Leather`s and for rinsing without the quick disconnects I would remove the cup, rinse straight through the mixer`s nozzle, then reattach the cup for soaping the next panel. Quite simple, but I prefer the fireman`s nozzle.

I believe whatever you use, you`re miles ahead of the game by prewashing and *especially* soaping again as you do panels. This gives you additional lubricity when touching wash medium to an already soapy panel.

I dont see that on the website =( makeing me maddd. How long ago did you buy it?

evilWagon
03-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Forgive me, I`m new, but have any of you tried the Mr. Clean car wash system. The gun inside will accept about three or four onces of soap and will mix it with the water to soap up the car. You can switch it to rinse. And it also uses a filtered mode to reduce water spots.

I`ve never used the soap on mine since I have just always used a bucket and a wash glove. Then again, those are about $30 or so......

I`ve used it with good sucess, though I`ve only used their soap in it. I picked it up when I was only starting to lurk here. But being in a new subdivision with no shade and construction going on it was a life saver on a black car. (No water spots and dries quickly enough that little dust sticks to it). I`m going to try it with some other soaps once the weather here north of the border warms up. Point of interest; I used it about 10-20 times last season with the included filter that comes with it, and I`ve yet to change it out and still get spot free results from every rinse, that right there was worth the price for me as the car would dry in the summer sun before I could get a mf or ww on it.