PDA

View Full Version : foamgun question

nmxdaven
03-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I used my foamgun for the first time today. I used about 2 oz of dp xtreme foam and filled it with about 8 oz of water as to dp`s instructions, making sure to give it a strong blast of water.. It ate through it pretty fast, and the foam didn`t seem to stay put too long. Does the above procedure work the best, or is there a better way to fill it?

Saintlysins
03-28-2008, 03:29 PM
There are a lot of variables to make the Foam Guns work like you see them on You Tube. For me, the first issue is the amount of water pressure blasting through the nozzle. Wait till you get crazy and hook it up to a light-duty power washer! You won’t believe the foaming action! The reverse is true as well, if you have low water pressure, it just won’t give you the foaming you’ll expect. Second issue is the type of wash/shampoo you’re using in ratio to how much. Third (but also connected to 2nd) is the water itself. Once I put a high priced mineral filter on the hose line, the foaming density increased ‘somewhat’. Fourth, and I think this one is purely subjective and is strictly opinion, the brand of gun: for me it’s the one(s) I get from Auto-Geek, and not from Gilmour.

Hope this helps.