PDA

View Full Version : LGCM Pro Heat w/ Turbo Brush Refurb $58.95 Shipped.

jshillin
03-28-2008, 11:04 AM
LGCM Pro Heat w/ Turbo Brush Refurb $58.95 Shipped.

http://www.livinclean.com/-strse-2388/1425-Little-Green-Machine/Detail.bok

I ordered one yesterday evening, so did Heath. I really want a "REAL" extractor, but I`m gonna give this little guy a try. I`m hoping with that , my Vac N Blo and my TR5 to be able to clean up some interiors!!!

oneshare325
03-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Nice find!!!

jshillin
03-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Got shipping confirmation on it yesterday, scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday!!

oneshare325
03-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Debating on ordering it....It is really worth it? I know it is not an extractor, but would I see a benefit over an APC with a brush and shop vac?

jshillin
03-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Debating on ordering it....It is really worth it? I know it is not an extractor, but would I see a benefit over an APC with a brush and shop vac?

I honestly couldn`t tell you... I`ve saw some great turnarounds from people only using a pre treat and the LGCM, for $58 it is worth finding out to me.

oneshare325
03-29-2008, 02:27 PM
I just ordered it, I guess we will both see.:bigups

jtford95
03-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Jason, how do you like your TR5 machine? Joe

jshillin
03-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Jason, how do you like your TR5 machine? Joe

I really like it, I use it for all kinds of stuff around the house... I haven`t had a chance to use it on any of my vehicles yet. I`m hoping to be healed up enough to get off of these crutches and use it outside sometime next month...

BigAl3
03-29-2008, 05:08 PM

for the weekend warrior who only does a car or two, this would probably do the job. if you`re doing multiple/several cars all the time, probably not...

BlackElantraGT
03-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I have 2 Shop-Vacs (one that`s 4 gal 5hp and another that`s 12 gal 5.5hp IIRC), a steamer, and I also own a LGCM (non-heat) model. For a weekend warrior, IMO I don`t think you`ll regret the purchase of an LGCM considering its price. For me, it`s not a purchase that I`ve regretted. I`ve used it on the cars and around the house. Heck, if I had to pick, my Makita was a bigger impulse buy as that sees nowhere near the amount of action I would like, especially considering how much I paid for that machine.

Some people will say that you can do the same thing with a good shop vac, but here is my opinion on it. I`ve tried both the shop vac and the LGCM for interiors, and if I had to pick the winner between the two, even though the shop vac is more powerful I find the LGCM to do a better job. What makes it better is the attachment itself.

First of all, it has a very small opening so despite the machine being less powerful, its suction is just as good if not better since the power is more "concentrated" through the smaller opening. I apologize if I`m using the wrong terms, I just can`t think of the right words to explain it at the moment.

Also, because the attachment is clear, and the unit itself is clear, you can see whether or not you`re pulling up clean or dirty water. This gives you a good idea of when the area is "clean enough". I say "clean enough" because obviously the LGCM cannot replace a hot water extractor and you can sit there all day doing pass after pass after pass and still pull up dirty water.

The 12 gal Rigid "Xmas Special" shop-vac I got is a BEAST when it comes to suction power. I have not tried this as a wet-vac in the car but based on its performance so far, it might be a little better (if not a lot) if using it to extract water. Again though, the attachment is not clear so I still give that advantage to the LGCM. Plus, the LGCM sprays clean water and extracts at the same time.

As far as the steamer, I`ve been enjoying its uses in the interior. It`s a bit less effective on carpet/upholstery so it`s probably not a replacement for an actual hot water extractor but it does a pretty decent job considering the time and effort involved, not to mention how dry or how quickly the fibers dry.

imported_DieselMDX
03-29-2008, 11:49 PM
I have 2 Shop-Vacs (one that`s 4 gal 5hp and another that`s 12 gal 5.5hp IIRC), a steamer, and I also own a LGCM (non-heat) model. For a weekend warrior, IMO I don`t think you`ll regret the purchase of an LGCM considering its price. For me, it`s not a purchase that I`ve regretted. I`ve used it on the cars and around the house. Heck, if I had to pick, my Makita was a bigger impulse buy as that sees nowhere near the amount of action I would like, especially considering how much I paid for that machine.

Some people will say that you can do the same thing with a good shop vac, but here is my opinion on it. I`ve tried both the shop vac and the LGCM for interiors, and if I had to pick the winner between the two, even though the shop vac is more powerful I find the LGCM to do a better job. What makes it better is the attachment itself.

First of all, it has a very small opening so despite the machine being less powerful, its suction is just as good if not better since the power is more "concentrated" through the smaller opening. I apologize if I`m using the wrong terms, I just can`t think of the right words to explain it at the moment.

Also, because the attachment is clear, and the unit itself is clear, you can see whether or not you`re pulling up clean or dirty water. This gives you a good idea of when the area is "clean enough". I say "clean enough" because obviously the LGCM cannot replace a hot water extractor and you can sit there all day doing pass after pass after pass and still pull up dirty water.

The 12 gal Rigid "Xmas Special" shop-vac I got is a BEAST when it comes to suction power. I have not tried this as a wet-vac in the car but based on its performance so far, it might be a little better (if not a lot) if using it to extract water. Again though, the attachment is not clear so I still give that advantage to the LGCM. Plus, the LGCM sprays clean water and extracts at the same time.

As far as the steamer, I`ve been enjoying its uses in the interior. It`s a bit less effective on carpet/upholstery so it`s probably not a replacement for an actual hot water extractor but it does a pretty decent job considering the time and effort involved, not to mention how dry or how quickly the fibers dry.

awesome posts thanx for your advice

how is the durability of the lgm? i read on amazon that they where breaking ALOT

BlackElantraGT
03-30-2008, 01:21 AM
I`ve had mine for close to a year and a half now, if not longer and it still works fine. But, keep in mind I end up using it around the house for small spills and pet accidents for the most part. For cars, I use it on the family`s stable of vehicles and a few paid details here and there throughout the year. It`s definitely not meant to be used commercially on a day-to-day basis, but for personal use I think by the time it breaks down, you would have gotten your $60 worth out of the machine. If you don`t have either a wet/dry vac or a LGCM, then I`d say your money is better spent on a quality wet/dry vac. Also keep in mind I have the non-heated version, as I didn`t want to spend $90 on the heated version, which I`ve also read was more prone to breaking down.

Another thing I think might contribute to the machine`s poor reliability is how long it takes for the water to reach the sprayer. When I first started using the machine, I thought it had died on me mid-detail after refilled the solution tank (with plain water). I thought the sprayer wasn`t functioning anymore, but the reality is that if you go until you`re completely empty, it takes a bit of time before water starts spraying out. You can`t really hear any kind of pump spraying the water so when you press the button, nothing happens. After awhile, you see the water start to dribble out. Then after that (if you`re still trying), the water will eventually spray again. I can see why a lot people would think they`re machine is dead/malfunctioning if they give up too soon.

If someone was unsure whether or not the machine was worth it for them, I`d suggest buying it locally at Walmart or any other retailer carrying it and trying the product out before the return period was over. No shipping costs to worry about and no money lost if you don`t like it. Just make sure you know the return policy beforehand.

jshillin
04-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Got mine the other day, everything looks great, it`ll just be a couple weeks before I get to use it.

oneshare325
04-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Mine showed up too..Tried it out. Suction is kinda weaker then I was expecting, but my shop vac has never let me down..I really only tried it for about 45 seconds.

Have not yet really tried it on a "dirty" carpet. I guess I will see then.