PDA

View Full Version : Will the snow every end?

Pages : [1] 2

3wide
03-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Did any one else get pi$$ pounded this winter by snow. We got alittle again last night, now is officially the second highest snow fall every 2.5" behind the record. With April left to go that records going down!! All of eastern IA is this way, i haven`t posted there in a while, been to busy shoveling! I finally got a chance to do an onr wash and a quick wax job, but other than that it`s been a rough winter on the ole black car.

:usa

BlueZero
03-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Don`t fear, it will end!

We had a record year this year too. It`s been pretty warm the last few weeks and just about all of my lawn is showing. I was out the other day spreading the snow bank so it would melt faster. I just want the white stuff gone. The last few months I just gave up trying to keep my black Jeep clean.

RANDAL
03-28-2008, 10:44 AM
You to keep the snow over there, well take the rain along the mighty NISHNABOTNA east branch.

imported_themightytimmah
03-28-2008, 10:59 AM
It`s one of the worst years on record in Maine too... My grandparent`s still can`t see their lawn, and it`s almost April.

imported_shine
03-28-2008, 02:29 PM
I got some last night too, but next week looks promising--highs in the 50s! woohoo!

Macruz19
03-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Record snow fall? Damn, I thought it was below normal.

imported_Blake
03-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Record snow fall? Damn, I thought it was below normal.

Not funny! Just over the freezing mark here today. In 3 days it`s my daughter`s birthday and I remember the day she was born it was 75-78 degrees. When will this end??:cry::cry:

Scottwax
03-28-2008, 05:18 PM
It must be that relentless global warming....

imported_Blake
03-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I hear Al Gore is hiding.

imported_themightytimmah
03-28-2008, 07:54 PM

Heh, last year my house had one of the mildest winters in 20-30 years and everyone was an Al Gore convert. This year, it snowed 100"+. I haven`t heard the term "global warming" from my family since August.

imported_shine
03-28-2008, 10:34 PM

:LOLOL That reminds me...Al Gore is getting sued for fraud by the founder of the Weather Channel. It`s about time someone stands up and challenges the idea of global warming and that humans are melting the earth away.

FOXNews.com - Weather Channel Founder: Sue Al Gore for Fraud - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337710,00.html)

Bunky
03-29-2008, 07:50 AM
I think most will agree the earth is getting warmer. It could be natural since we have been through ice ages, etc.

The debate is on whether man is causing it since if it is we can do things to address. Anyone with money does not want man to be the cause since it would be a reason to control certain activities (carbon generation).

Scottwax
03-29-2008, 09:57 PM
I think most will agree the earth is getting warmer. It could be natural since we have been through ice ages, etc.

The debate is on whether man is causing it since if it is we can do things to address. Anyone with money does not want man to be the cause since it would be a reason to control certain activities (carbon generation).

More likely it is those with no money hoping it is true, global warming is a huge money transfer scheme when you really get down to it...at least at the enforcement level.

-------------

We made it through the typcial winter months...December, January and February with no freezing precipitation and then it snowed twice in early March. Accumulations both times too, some part of the DFW area got upwards of 9" with the second snow event. :eek:

hXc drummer23
03-30-2008, 01:25 AM
We are seeing a lot of snow here. It got up in the 90`s yesterday.

Polygon
03-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Yeah, it`s snowing right now.