PDA

View Full Version : `shamwow` or shamsux?

Pages : [1] 2

delikid
03-27-2008, 10:48 PM
So there`s this jerky on TV pushing shamwow. Some synthetic super-absorbing towel. Have you seen it? Shamwow! (http://www.shamwow.com)

Given that it`s an (awful) infomercial, I assume the thing is crap. But, for the price, it seems like decent thing.

But, we all know that 90% of infomercial stuff is crap. There is that 10% of stuff that is awsome.

I currently have a few of The Supreme Guzzlers waffle weave towels by Cobra 20. They are great.

So, what do you all know/ think of this shamwow product?

bunkeroo26
03-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Funny thing is that most infomercials are shams.

This one is upfront in thats what they are selling.....

Probably only funny in my twisted mind

Chris@Optimum
03-27-2008, 11:30 PM
I bought the package, but after getting it there`s NO WAY its touching my paint. It does absorb well so I use them for drying carpet after extraction. For that, they work really well. But when you feel the texture, you`ll NEVER touch paint with it. It has a very coarse thread.

imported_hooked
03-27-2008, 11:43 PM
The guy that`s hawking the SHAM-wow looks like he just got released from prison!

Setec Astronomy
03-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Does he have an English accent? All the good stuff is sold by guys with English accents.

kh765
03-28-2008, 03:10 AM
I honestly thought the infomercial was a joke the first time it came on.

randomman84
03-28-2008, 03:42 AM
i was wondering about those as well. I was almost tempted to give it a shot and see what was up but i think i have more important things i should be spending my money on.

odnicla22
03-28-2008, 09:07 AM
I have a few of them and I wouldn`t recommend them for detailing. I only use them around the house for spills. I also don`t like that they smell toxic.

BobD
03-28-2008, 09:10 AM
I see those or similar at all the big boat and car shows in Detroit. Whenever I see someone at the show carrying some of those that they just bought, knowing they are going to use it on their 1957 Chevy, I cringe. At the boat shows it doesn`t bother me as much because gelcoat is so much harder than paint. LOL

Twista616
03-28-2008, 09:12 AM
If Billy Mays is selling this product I`m buying it! Hes awesome, especially with the Simonz Fix It Infomercial...come on guys it fixes deep scracthes in seconds!! Hahaha

imported_Yal
03-28-2008, 10:55 AM
^LOL :D I was just going to say if it ain`t Billy Mays I ain`t touching it hahahahhahaha :D

SuperBee364
03-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Does he have an English accent? All the good stuff is sold by guys with English accents.

LoL, that`s right! And all the crappy stuff is sold by guys that think we`re all deaf and are more likely to buy stuff if they yell at us.

slowsilvy
03-28-2008, 05:30 PM
If Billy Mays is selling this product I`m buying it! Hes awesome, especially with the Simonz Fix It Infomercial...come on guys it fixes deep scracthes in seconds!! Hahaha

I laugh everytime I see that one, like you`re going to get deep scratches out with a mini battery powered buffer.:har:

Sprzout
03-29-2008, 12:38 AM
I saw it the other night (late night on Science Channel), and the commercial made me stop and go, "Wow...He`s wearing a headset instead of having a directional boom mike overhead for a commercial. Reminds me of all the idiots at the fairgrounds that are always trying to sell me some useless polish, Ginsu knives, pocket fisherman, or `hair-in-a-spraycan`, and I ignore them there!"

This just looks like so many other similar products I`ve seen in the past, and I`ve hated them then. I`ve got a similar product that`s supposed to do the same thing that ShamWow does - I tried it a while back when I got a puppy that we were trying to housetrain. It didn`t absorb the piddle spots, but rather smeared it around. I`d go back to the name and just say,

"It`s a Sham, and WOW! Look at how many people are falling for it!" :)

ptaylor_9849
03-29-2008, 07:55 AM
They are supposed to come with a certificate of authenticity. But they must have made a mistake because when I opened the box the only paperwork inside was a crumpled up copy of his latest restraining order and a couple of dirty syringes! :lol

Patrick