PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions

Neofate
03-26-2008, 08:23 PM
I know search.. :) -- but maybe some of you can answer a few of these easy questions real quick.

1) Just polished my car, and applied NXT 2.0 -- I want to use DWG on it.. Can I apply it over the NXT 2.0 and get good results? Or do I have to strip off the NXT?

2) If I need to strip the NXT, what is the best/easiest way besides using `dawn` -- What else can I wash the car with that will pull off the wax?

3) The way the exhaust tips are designed on this car.. the exhaust minorly affects the portion of the bumper that is molded around them. So what is a good `spot` product to protect that area moreso than the rest of the vehicle? Something just for a 6"x6" area.

4) Lastly,.. the exhaust tips on this car are chrome, and really messed up. If it isn`t `stripped` what is the recommended polish and method for cleaning them up? (I can`t remove them without unwelding them) -- So have to do it by hand.

5) Ok maybe one more -- Anything else besides DWG that would enhance a car that has been polished and when NXT 2.0 is applied no change is noticed. (The polished car looks better than it did when it was waxed before polish) -- So what products are just topical wipe on and cure type that would enhance this? If any.

Thanks! Answer what you can please.

dublifecrisis
03-26-2008, 09:06 PM
why would you want to put anything on top of the NXT? are you saying it looks worse now?

rocket66
03-27-2008, 12:55 AM
These are just my opinions,others will no doubtedly have other views:

1-Glazes and sealants should be applied after polishing and prior to waxing,in most cases.Read the directions,some sealants need curing time before applying wax.Use DWG if you can. I beleive it is the best stuff out there right now.

2-Dawn will not hurt.The key is to make sure you get the all of the Dawn off the car prior to applying products.

3-Perhaps a sealant such as Rejex,prior to waxing.I know it is good for wheels to make brake dust removal easier.

4-Maybe an APC diluted let dwell and clean with MF towels.May take several stabs before desired cleanliness.

5-Different glazes have different effects. I have read where some people say some make the car look like plastic.I guess trial and error are best here.I have 4 different glazes in my arsenal.I like the DWG but also used some Wolfgang stuff on my black Honda and it looks good.Maybe next time I will try the DWG and see what differences each product has on the appearance.

Good Luck.There are so many damn choices when it comes to detailing...LOL

Neofate
03-27-2008, 02:01 PM
why would you want to put anything on top of the NXT? are you saying it looks worse now?

No, doesn`t look worse. Just looks no different than it did without the NXT 2.0. Only suprises me because NXT 2.0 made it shine so much before I polished it. Now it shines just as good or better, but not because of the NXT. I just thought the NXT 2.0 would give it some extra oomph over the polish, but nope =)

Its a good thing from what I hear. Which Is why I`m looking into glazes.

On my next wash I`ll do the DWG and see what turns up.

Neofate
03-27-2008, 02:05 PM
These are just my opinions,others will no doubtedly have other views:

1-Glazes and sealants should be applied after polishing and prior to waxing,in most cases.Read the directions,some sealants need curing time before applying wax.Use DWG if you can. I beleive it is the best stuff out there right now.

Thats what I figured -- So a wax removing wash will be back to the `after polishing` step to apply my glaze of choice.

2-Dawn will not hurt.The key is to make sure you get the all of the Dawn off the car prior to applying products.

Thanks

3-Perhaps a sealant such as Rejex,prior to waxing.I know it is good for wheels to make brake dust removal easier.

Hrmm -- Throwing a glaze, then a sealant, then a wax might be an approach. What about DWG then NXT 2.0 then a wax (If so, what wax would add to the combo?)

[5-Different glazes have different effects. I have read where some people say some make the car look like plastic.I guess trial and error are best here.I have 4 different glazes in my arsenal.I like the DWG but also used some Wolfgang stuff on my black Honda and it looks good.Maybe next time I will try the DWG and see what differences each product has on the appearance.

Good Luck.There are so many damn choices when it comes to detailing...LOL

Yup I`ve heard that, I`m willing to take my chances, after all it isn`t that hard to strip them off.

You are absolutely right, way too many choices in regards to detail work. Makes it complicated but makes it unique as well.

I wish there were more color specific products.