PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette burn in leather

bikeguy
03-26-2008, 02:17 PM
one of my friends apparantly dropped an ash on my seat... either that or i managed to get an ash on the passenger seat. Anyways, what are my options on fixing this or atleast making it less noticeable?

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb240/deatron3000/mud007.jpg

judyb
03-28-2008, 05:37 PM
This is quite a technical process that involves grinding out the area of the burn on the leather so that the area lies flat again. It is then filled and a grain pattern is heat sealed into the leather and then recoloured to match the leather.

It is a tricky process even for a qualified technican but you should contact one to fix this. There are DIY kits on the interent but most of them will either not work or will make matters much worse.

Hope this helps

Judyb

karlover98
03-28-2008, 05:48 PM
You defenitely want a professional repair. You will be unhappy with a DIY repair. I know from experience.

hngu7721
05-13-2008, 09:49 PM
I had something similar happen, albeit to the headliner. However, a call to Dr. Vinyl solved everything.

I don`t know if they have a provider in your neighborhood, but you should check them out.

jayjacque
05-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Well, you`re screwed. Just kidding!

If it`s a high end vehicle and in a noticeable place, yeah you will want it professionally repaired. A repair like that will nearly disappear but could cost anywhere from $70 to over a $100. So if not as crucial a spot or money is an issue, you could carefully scrape the char out and it would at least be less noticeable.