PDA

View Full Version : Help! ink on leather.. yes I searched and tried everything

newbiebimmer
03-26-2008, 01:28 PM
So my son took a ballpoint pen to the armrest in my tan audi!

I did a search, I`ve tried hairspray, isopropryl alcohol, chemical guys extreme eather cleaner, magic eraser, even chemical guys degreaser!

It`s lighter, but still there :(

please please help... I`m about to 2 day express leatherworld ink remover as well. But it`s been 24 hours and I`m trying to get it out before it really sets.

newbiebimmer
03-27-2008, 08:34 PM
wow nothing??? come on guys..

pampos
03-27-2008, 08:53 PM
try pure alcohol on a towel but don`t push it too much.wipe it softly with as less alcohol on the towel and follow up with a leather care product.happened to me when i just bought the car and i was ready to kill : ).i tried anything i could but alcohol (spirit) made the difference.but be very careful not take out the color of the leather.

Hope that helps

baseballlover1
03-27-2008, 09:01 PM
hmmmm... i guess a dedicated leather cleaner/condition wont do this. Leatheruque... if i were you and i had leatherique on hand ide try that, as a test for real.

jayjacque
03-27-2008, 09:35 PM
I wouldn`t put the money out to order the ink remover express shipping. It might get the ink out but good chance will cut into the color/finish. I`m surprised with all the stuff you`ve put on there that hasn`t happened already. Whatever you use, do follow up with a leather conditioner. There`s always the very good option of just having a leather repair technician come out and for maybe $75-$85 blend-dye the color. A couple places like Color Plus will do color matching if you send a sample of the color. But by the time you go to all that trouble and pay them for the color you could have a professional come out and match it for not much more and less trouble.

judyb
03-28-2008, 05:33 PM
The problem with ink is that it has redyed the leather. The further it goes into the leather finish the harder it is to get out. Ink removal is not a cleaning problem it is a technical process which requires steps to be taken in a particualr order to deal with it.

The fact that you have tried all the things you have and it has not been removed it is at the stage where nothing will bring out the remianing residues and the only recourse now is to recolour over the top.

Using Magic Erasers is also likely to have damaged the finish on the leather in that area so recolouring and refinishing will be required.

Please see the link to our website which gives details on ink removal.

LTT Leather Care - Leather Repair Cleaning Products - Training Courses Articles - Protection and Care Plans (http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk/inkremoval.asp)

Sorry for the dealy in replyin we have been away at a show and have been very busy.

Hope this helps

Judy

mhadden
03-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Its time to get a new son! :grinno: