PDA

View Full Version : What products to use?

Lucky 13
03-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi all, I am new to this board and have some quick questions...

I am using the PC 7424 and a swirl cutter made by Tropi-care with an orange foam pad, its taking out all of the swirls but its leaving behind tiny circular "cuts." I am wanting to know if there is a product i should use to fill those cuts before putting the final wax on?

Also, there are some bigger scratches that its not getting as well, what would be a more aggressive but not too aggressive product I can use on the orange pad to get those lines out? And then what would be the steps after the more aggressive product to get the cutting that it left behind out?

I am not on the up and up with all the abbreviations yet, so can you spell them out for me :D

Thanks ~~~ Ben

2002 Black Trans Am WS6

Striker
03-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Hey there,

I would contact Steve at tropi care, he will be able to help you out for sure. I also ordered the PC kit from tropi care for my 99 WS6 :2thumbs:

Lucky 13
03-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I had a talk with Steve at his house when I picked up my PC and pads... He is going to have the Menzerna Intensive Polish in stock next week he said so I am going to pick that up and some more pads, along w/ Meguiars "Mirror Glaze" medium cut cleaner for the more aggressive stuff that is just beyond swirls.

Striker
03-27-2008, 06:56 AM
So the menzerna IP will get rid of the small cuts the Tropi Care Swirl Cutter leaves behind?

Lucky 13
03-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Negative Ghost Rider -- After talking with Steve, he said the IP would be the better product for the swirl removal/cutting stage, and then reading on another site that sells menzerna it says on darker colors to use their "final polish" to fill in the cuts made by the IP. So I will also be buying some of that final polish