PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery Stain

baker
03-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Have a wash and wax coming up on a cdar, and the owner wants me to tackle a large stain in the seat. Food based stain, couple months old. It was cleaned at the time, not by me, but while the spill was cleaned up, a stain remained. What is the best OTC products to use on this, and do I need to clean the whole seat, as I would think just cleaning the stain may make it noticeable in a different way?

baker
03-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Have a wash and wax coming up on a car, and the owner wants me to tackle a large stain in the seat. Food based stain, couple months old. It was cleaned at the time, not by me, but while the spill was cleaned up, a stain remained. What is the best OTC products to use on this, and do I need to clean the whole seat, as I would think just cleaning the stain may make it noticeable in a different way?

baker
03-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Sorry for the double post.

BigJimZ28
03-25-2008, 12:12 PM
(you can delete your other post, just click edit then there is a delete option)

best OTC stain remover is Folex

around here it`s $5 @ Lowes

imported_weekendwarrior
03-25-2008, 12:17 PM
You said the stain is on the seat? I would actually recommend a foaming upholstery cleaner (DuraGloss and Meguiar`s makes one) versus a liquidy product like Folex. Sometimes, depending on the type of fabric, liquidy products can cause water spotting. The foaming products tend to extract, or lift the stain, and are less likely to spot.

NSXTASY
03-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Folex, HD, or Zep Traffic Lane, Lowes

Vac

Pretreat

Lightly agitate

5-10 min Dwell

Hot Water Extract

Dry thoroughly and quickly

Repeat if nec.

Whole seat/spot clean-Clean the stain, you decide, $.

Glossy McGlosserton
03-25-2008, 12:21 PM
I`ve had good recent experience on a rust stain with a foaming aerosol cleaner from Blue Coral. I was really surprised that it lifted it off after it had been on the seat upholstery for several months. But that`s different than a food stain.

For food, I think there are some cleaners that--like clothing detergents--have enzymes in them. If your first attempt doesn`t work, you may want to take a clothes washing detergent that has enzymes aimed at the sort of food stain on there, and experiment with suds and/or leaving a paste of it on the stain for a few minutes.

TortoiseAWD
03-25-2008, 01:24 PM
(you can delete your other post, just click edit then there is a delete option)No need; I merged the two threads.

Tort

(moderator)