PDA

View Full Version : Just Purchased The Danase Water Devourer

Pages : [1] 2

imported_DieselMDX
03-25-2008, 02:54 AM
Well I have gone from the absorber before learning about autopia to the waffle weave to now the water Devourer. I am still getting very light light swirls in my mdx in the right lighting and have changed alot things I do when washing my truck, this is the last thing I can think of. Elliot Ness highly recommends this towel and IMO he knows his stuff. It looks VERY plush so we will see if this solves my marring problem.

Anyone else enjoy using this towel?

mysteryan
03-25-2008, 03:45 AM
Sounds like you need to start blowing.

imported_DieselMDX
03-25-2008, 04:19 AM
lol i plan on doing that when i return to doing normal washes but because of NE weather most of my washes are ONR so I dont use a leaf blower.

pingable
03-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Diesel -

Love to hear you feedback once the towel comes in. I was recently looking at the Sonus WW but was unsure whether is was the ~super thin~ WW like Pak`s ultrasoft.

Anyhow......I was also looking at the Devourer to add to my stash as well.

P1et
03-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Diesel -

Love to hear you feedback once the towel comes in. I was recently looking at the Sonus WW but was unsure whether is was the ~super thin~ WW like Pak`s ultrasoft.

Anyhow......I was also looking at the Devourer to add to my stash as well.

I just got two of the Sonus Der Wunder waffle weave drying towels and they are nothing short of fantastic!

howareb
03-26-2008, 09:21 PM
I just brought two of the extra large towels myself. I was really impressed. Forget about drying the car. I wanted to use them for a bath towel. :D

They are super plush, and super absorbent.

imported_DieselMDX
03-26-2008, 10:14 PM
sounds like i made a good decision :-)

NSXTASY
03-26-2008, 10:39 PM
sounds like i made a good decision :-)

I doubt you will be disappointed, I used them today, and am considering not using my pak ulrasoft WW, they feel like sandpaper to the DWD`s.

The only issue is, unlike WW, you cant wring them out, so I just use 2-3. I am gonna pick up a giant one and see how it works.

BigAl3
03-26-2008, 11:06 PM
i have many different waffle weaves, but the softest and longest lasting one i have is the CG`s ultra-soft waffle weave. i`ve washed them dozens and dozens of times with no trace of deterioration...

imported_DieselMDX
03-26-2008, 11:17 PM
i have to say i washed my ww from detailers domain and it did get softer but i think i still might be getting swirls from it

Eliot Ness
03-27-2008, 09:55 AM
sounds like i made a good decision :-)If I remember correctly the standard size WD works very well, but didn`t hold more water than my favorite light blue extra soft WW`s. Now the extra large WD is another story. That bad boy will dry off a mini-van w/o breaking a sweat....... It`s also great if you like to blot dry.

imported_DieselMDX
03-27-2008, 03:12 PM
I usually flood the paint then blot dry tho I might try the leaf blower trick

imported_DieselMDX
04-16-2008, 04:52 AM
Well after using the towel I am impressed, very easy on the paint and does not grab at all.

The size is large enuff to dry my mdx with no wringing out.

One MAJOR problem is the lints like crazy which makes me wipe down the car with a qd to remove it.

Danase any fixs for this?

BobD
04-16-2008, 08:05 AM
Well after using the towel I am impressed, very easy on the paint and does not grab at all.

The size is large enuff to dry my mdx with no wringing out.

One MAJOR problem is the lints like crazy which makes me wipe down the car with a qd to remove it.

Danase any fixs for this?

Have you washed it yet? I use one for every car I clean and never had mine lint. As a matter of fact I just did a black Legacy GT and no lint on it at all. I`m thinking maybe it should be washed first...unless you did already?

SuperBee364
04-16-2008, 01:36 PM
My new Eurows linted like crazy until they were washed twice.

Diesel, do you use any sort of drying aid (QD) to lubricate when you`re drying? I`ve started doing this with ONR washes lately. Too early to really tell if there`s any significant benefit as far as mar reduction, but it sure makes the finish look nice. My new FK425 is a really good ONR drying aid.