PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Mytee Lite

Butrball12
03-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey all,

Just received my Mytee Lite II from detailsupplyoutlet and I seem to be having a problem getting the water to heat up. I primed the pump, tuend the heater on and let it sit for over 15 minutes but the water simply shoots out cold. The brass connector at the bottom isnt even hot, its relatively warm. The hose is also warm about 8 inches up but then turns cold again. I read the manual and it says to push the switch which I did and still nothing. any ideas??

i dont think its defective because the connector is warm so the heater is working, It just doesnt get hot at all.... any help please, ive got a detail to do on wednesday and need this thing up and running.

also i cant seem to find any info on how to properly use the extractor. do i just mix the soap in the solution tank, spray the carpet and then extract or should i extract while spraying?? any help would be awesome.

thanks!

Dave

pt91
03-24-2008, 06:07 PM
you may have a bad switch. i did. a lotcal service center fixed me up. in a pinch you can add really hot water to the tank if you are in the middle of a job.

Butrball12
03-24-2008, 06:21 PM
i just checked and the nearest service center is approx 4-5hrs from me!.... how would i know if the switch is bad?

pt91
03-24-2008, 06:26 PM
if you call the company you bought it from (same place I bought it from) they will mail you a new switch to try. The one i got in the mail was also defective so a local shop put in a non-oem switch and it works fine.now. might call a local janitorial shop that could sell you or put in a non-oem switch (different color) if you are in a hurry.

you can also take off the plate that holds the 3 switches and see if the connections are plugged solid.

pt91
03-24-2008, 06:27 PM
I spoke with some techs from Mytee as well for trouble shooting.

brwill2005
03-24-2008, 07:07 PM
If it has an inline heater, the fluid has to run through the heating element to get heated. The water will not start to come out hot for approximately 2-3 minutes of continuous flow. As for method; apply solution on the push stroke, and vacuum on the return stroke.

luck02
09-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Replying here in the hopes that google will index it to help others.

One possible problem with the water heater is:

* 2 thermostats, one is automatic, one is manual.

** Automatic cuts off at 210 fahrenheit.

** Manual cuts off at 300 fahrenheit.

The manual one is white, and it`s on top of the heater, it`s got a button that lets you reset it.

However if you watch the video titled: "Mytee How To: Heater Repair" on youtube, you`ll see that they say that if you need to reset the 300 manual thermostat than that generally means your automatic thermostat is not working.

Part numbers are E573 and E574 respectively. Apparently they are common components, IE not manufactured by mytee and are commonly used in many carpet extractors.

My heater stopped working yesterday and when I reset the thermostat it worked again very quickly (and was ridiculously hot).

G