PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into detailing...

OJ_GTI
03-23-2008, 01:11 PM
In the past year I haven`t had any time to spend on detailing ny car but I`m determined to keep it up this year. Just working my way through about a year`s worth of posts...

I have some products, about 3 years old, that I should probably replace due to age. Please help me find suitable replacements.

The car: 20000 VW GTI (Metallic Tropic Orange)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/cmarcham/front-side_painted_800-600.jpg

What I have:

- Foamgun

- PC7424 and full selection of pads

My products that probably need replacing:

- Poorboys 1.0 and 2.5 swirl remover

- Klasse AIO

- Klasse SG

I`m looking for suggestions on what to use now. I`m considering Optimum Compound, Klasse AIO and Optimum Poli-Seal. I may skip the AIO altogether if the PS is good enough to use after the Compound. I want to use the PC for as much application as possible. I`ll probably start with Meg`s Gold Class Shampoo and Clay Bar.

Accumulator
03-23-2008, 01:39 PM
OJ_GTI- If you want to try new stuff, I understand ;) But your current products should still be good for many years to come. My Klasse twins are a *LOT* older than yours and they`re still good; I have stuff that`s over a decade old and it works fine.

OJ_GTI
03-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks Accumulator. I probably should have added that it`s likely these products were left in an unheated garage and would have been affected by the cold temperatures here in Canada. Secondly, I didn`t find the Poorboys SSR to have much effect on the hard VW clearcoat.

Hey, there`s nothing like a new product to keep me motivated too :cool:

kkjv1
03-23-2008, 04:00 PM
I would get the Menzerna SIP & 106FF and your choice of sealant or carnauba topper.