PDA

View Full Version : Shopping List - What else do I need?

V_Eight
07-28-2005, 08:49 PM
TOL:
Bubble Bath

CG:
Liquid Extreme Shine
Extreme Orange Degreaser (will this clean brake dust easily?)
Large Poly Clay & Lube

AutoGeek:
Makita 9227C Polisher
Wolfgang Smart Pad Kit
SSR2.5
Natural Look
Natty`s
Microfiber Starter Kit
EX-P
4* UPC
4* UPP

I have an unopened bottle of 3M Perfect It III.

What else shall I need?

And yes, as you can see, i`m redoing my ENTIRE detail shelf with all new product, only the best this time around.

CARTfan
07-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe. Indispensible in my opinion.

V_Eight
07-28-2005, 09:20 PM

I assume that`s just a detail spray?

GregCavi
07-28-2005, 10:27 PM
It is a waterless wash. I highly highly reccomend trying it.

Greg

V_Eight
07-29-2005, 05:49 AM
It is a waterless wash. I highly highly reccomend trying it.

Greg

Is it`s main purpose so you don`t have to get your buckets, the hose, etc. etc. out?

Way2SSlow
07-29-2005, 07:50 AM
Unless you`re familiar with a Rotory, you may want to get yourself a PC first. If you are familiar with a Rotory, the 9227C is a nice machine (and what I use). I still use my PC a ton though. I like to use the PC for products like Pro Polish, AIO, any LSP, and will often times step down from my rotory and an abrasive down to the PC and a lesser abrasive. I see you`re in Cumming, I`ve got both machines if you`d like to try them out before you buy...let me know, and we can try to set something up.

V_Eight
07-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Unless you`re familiar with a Rotory, you may want to get yourself a PC first. If you are familiar with a Rotory, the 9227C is a nice machine (and what I use). I still use my PC a ton though. I like to use the PC for products like Pro Polish, AIO, any LSP, and will often times step down from my rotory and an abrasive down to the PC and a lesser abrasive. I see you`re in Cumming, I`ve got both machines if you`d like to try them out before you buy...let me know, and we can try to set something up.

I`m in very south Forsyth, so probably 10 minutes from you. I`d be delighted to come try them both out on the next car, don`t want to waste the time on a car i`m trying to sell. :lmfao

ShineProDetails
07-29-2005, 07:40 PM
All the more reason to try it out....

Look at it as a learning experience. I paid $800 to learn a rotary.

Way2SSlow
07-29-2005, 08:03 PM
I`m in very south Forsyth, so probably 10 minutes from you. I`d be delighted to come try them both out on the next car, don`t want to waste the time on a car i`m trying to sell. :lmfao

I`m off Exit 10 Old Milton Pkwy. Let me know when you`re ready, and we`ll spend some time messing around with your ride.

SilverLexus
07-29-2005, 09:08 PM

Amen. Also I would suggest you think about getting a waffle weave glass towel, a waffle weave drying towel, and one ultraplush from PakShak to see how incredible microfiber tech has gotten.

I`m off Exit 10 Old Milton Pkwy. Let me know when you`re ready, and we`ll spend some time messing around with your ride.

Y`all are both welcome to stop by my garage on Exit 10 (more a detailing lab) and try some products from the inventory...

V_Eight
07-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Sounds like we`ll be having a detail meet coming up here soon. :headbang

CARTfan
07-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Is it`s main purpose so you don`t have to get your buckets, the hose, etc. etc. out?

Plus, it makes the paint soooooo smooth with minimal effort which some quick washes/detailers don`t do at all.

CARTfan
07-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Sounds like we`ll be having a detail meet coming up here soon. :headbang

You guys suck. :rolleyes: Just kidding. That`s just my jealousy speaking. :boohoo

V_Eight
07-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Looks like we might have a supercharger to polish as well. :wait