PDA

View Full Version : Aquawax - Beading or Sheeting?

xhaust50
03-22-2008, 07:22 PM
I used aquawax on a G35 about 6 weeks ago. The car beaded shortly after, but stopped after about 3 weeks. I thought that might be about how long AW lasts, but I washed the car today and it was definitely still protected. I didn`t even get around to drying the car, and it dried spotless. Water just sheeted off. What has your experience been with AW`s protection?

wfedwar
03-22-2008, 07:40 PM
It does pretty well for a spray that is so easy to use, but I`m surprised at 6 weeks. So you just used AW on clean paint?

clnfrk
03-22-2008, 08:08 PM
I used aquawax on a G35 about 6 weeks ago. The car beaded shortly after, but stopped after about 3 weeks. I thought that might be about how long AW lasts, but I washed the car today and it was definitely still protected. I didn`t even get around to drying the car, and it dried spotless. Water just sheeted off. What has your experience been with AW`s protection?

This kinda doesn`t make sense. First your saying that the beading stopped after about 3 weeks (presumably indicating that the AW was no longer effective). Then your saying that after a wash today that it is still protected. What gave you that indication? Were there beads present this time that weren`t there after the initial 3 weeks by some freak of nature?

Legacy
03-22-2008, 08:18 PM
What was under the AW?

imported_DieselMDX
03-22-2008, 10:33 PM
i only use AW as topper

CleanGSR
03-22-2008, 11:48 PM
This kinda doesn`t make sense. First your saying that the beading stopped after about 3 weeks (presumably indicating that the AW was no longer effective). Then your saying that after a wash today that it is still protected. What gave you that indication? Were there beads present this time that weren`t there after the initial 3 weeks by some freak of nature?

If you read his entire post, you`d see that his indication is the fact that the car sheeting water so well that it was almost completely dry without actually drying the car. If you`ve seen unprotected paint (and I`m sure you have), then you`d know that water just sits and sticks rather than sheeting off.

I don`t think it`s far fetched. NXT is known for losing it`s beading and gaining a sheeting method after a short while.

wannafbody
03-23-2008, 03:06 PM
IME AW has good beading. Mist some water on it from a spray bottle. If it beads up tight it`s good if it`s flat then reapply. I`d just reapply AW every month.

bill57
03-23-2008, 09:57 PM
After washing, I spray AW during my drying process, and the beading Never stops.

xhaust50
03-23-2008, 10:42 PM
If you read his entire post, you`d see that his indication is the fact that the car sheeting water so well that it was almost completely dry without actually drying the car. If you`ve seen unprotected paint (and I`m sure you have), then you`d know that water just sits and sticks rather than sheeting off.

I don`t think it`s far fetched. NXT is known for losing it`s beading and gaining a sheeting method after a short while.

That`s right. In didn`t bead after two heavy rainstorms at the three week mark so I figured it was no longer protecting. But I can tell by washing it how effortlessly the dirt came off and a microfiber slid across the paint, and then eventually how the water just sheeted off and I didn`t even dry the car, that it was protected. The car was purchased without being prepped from the dealer, and all I used on it was Aquawax the time before in a quick wash and wax.