PDA

View Full Version : What polish to use for a newbie with UDM

rbraun
03-22-2008, 02:04 PM
I`ve been looking at some polish for a few weeks now for my 2008 528xi. I don`t know what to buy. At first I was going to purchase Menzeras 106ff,PO83, and PO115c glaze. Then I read some where that they don`t finish out well using a UDM because they are made for a rotary. Then I looked at the sonus line up of sfx-1, sfx-2, and sfx-3. I like this combo because it seems easy to use for a novice like myself. I`ve never used a da before and up until now I`ve done it all by hand.

Also, is the clear coat on an 08 BMW considerd hard? Is it the new scratch resistant clear coats that we are starting to hear about? I`ve read that european clear coats are much harder and require a more aggressive polish.

I can`t find much for reveiws on the sonus line. Is it good and will it work on BMW`s clear coat? Or is Menzera ok to use with the UDM?

I would appreciate any guidance.

Dan79
04-02-2008, 01:45 PM
I`d also like to know. Bump.

imported_bpfoley
04-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Try out the Danase Swirl Abolisher lineup, very user friendly from what I can tell so far, but I have only used it in sub 40* temps and worked great.

imported_shine
04-02-2008, 09:11 PM
With as little experience I have with it, Menzerna has worked good for me with the UDM.

detaildoc
04-02-2008, 09:16 PM
I`ve been looking at some polish for a few weeks now for my 2008 528xi. I don`t know what to buy. At first I was going to purchase Menzeras 106ff,PO83, and PO115c glaze. Then I read some where that they don`t finish out well using a UDM because they are made for a rotary. Then I looked at the sonus line up of sfx-1, sfx-2, and sfx-3. I like this combo because it seems easy to use for a novice like myself. I`ve never used a da before and up until now I`ve done it all by hand.

Also, is the clear coat on an 08 BMW considerd hard? Is it the new scratch resistant clear coats that we are starting to hear about? I`ve read that european clear coats are much harder and require a more aggressive polish.

I can`t find much for reveiws on the sonus line. Is it good and will it work on BMW`s clear coat? Or is Menzera ok to use with the UDM?

I would appreciate any guidance.

I love the Sonus line, I would not use any other polish on my Lexus or any car with a soft to medium cleacoat. However, BMW clearcoat is hard, so you will need something stronger than Sonus. Menzerna SIP, 106ff and RD would be your best choice IMO. If the swirls are not so bad, 106ff with a white or orange pad should do the job.

MrNorwall
04-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Menzerna doesnt work AS good with the UDm, but its still amazing, get it, you wont be sorry, but get SIP, 106FF, and the glaze if you want, no need to get 87 if you get 106

bunkeroo26
04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I enjoy the Optimum Line; Optimum Polish and Optimum Compound.

I like them, because they work well in the sunlight.

imported_topnotch
04-03-2008, 09:32 AM
I like the Optimum line for UDM use. If you go with Menzerna I dont think you would get the maximum results just using the UDM.

SpeedEuphoria
04-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I enjoy the Optimum Line; Optimum Polish and Optimum Compound.

I like them, because they work well in the sunlight.

I agree, but I`m a noob. I have used both with my UDM and Makita rotary(both with many diff pads), they both work well and have long work times, which is good for a noob like me that gets pretty gung ho.

kiddhan625
04-04-2008, 08:08 AM
I used SIP & Nano when I first got my UDM

Dan79
04-04-2008, 10:16 AM
I ended up ordering XMT 1 and 3 yesterday. Hope that works well with the UDM.