PDA

View Full Version : Those with clear bra`s...

Pages : [1] 2

Ni55anpat
03-22-2008, 10:20 AM
What do you guys use to clean them? I have a white car, and dont want the clear bra to turn a slight yellow.

thanks!

blk45
03-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Plexus....

KnuckleBuckett
03-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Don`t have one. I would guess 303?

SuperBee364
03-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I polish it with 106ff, a PC, and a white LC pad. Other than that, it just gets the same cleaning as everything else.

Deanski
03-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Plexus for "polishing" and just pure 90% IPA to remove any defects as well.

Sure, you can apply a sealant, but really no need. I would be careful as to wax as some are more "yellow" than others, so you would want a bleached wax or "white/clear" wax.

The IPA wipe is what I use for the majority of the film. For the edges, I use a steam generator to seam off anything and wipe with IPA in one direction so as not to get the IPA under the edge.

I would also advise those that do have paint film to check with the company that installed it and is providing warranty so not to void any warranty and to lear how they care for it as well.

Regards,

Deanski

Macruz19
03-24-2008, 11:50 AM
I use a AIO product. Best to clean them.

Don`t be afraid to use a PC on it as well. Just use a white pad, and use speed 3 or 4.

RS/SS
03-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Plexus....

My clear bra installer also recomended Plexus. It`s a great polish for your lenses too.:up

jetset4me
03-25-2008, 03:20 AM
I wish Pamela Anderson had a clear bra:2thumbs:

Saintlysins
03-26-2008, 01:00 AM
I second “Deanski†regarding Plexus for cleaning.

As for the yellowing you’ll get, it has more to do with the product (Paint Protection Film) than it does with most of the waxes/sealants commonly used. Obviously, stay away from any ‘yellow-colored-wax’ and there’s a ‘theory’ that sealants may have a yellowing effect over several years in conjunction with baking in the sun and heat (like Arizona).

If you spend countless hours researching all the brands of ‘Clear Bra’ you’ll find they are cleverly worded to suggest waxing with a clear-based, non-petroleum-based, wax. I haven’t found one of them suggests using sealants.

If you find out the specific brand of ‘Clear Bra’ you have, you should search their web-site (and Clear Bra forums) for other tips and tricks. You’d be surprised what you’ll find.

stilez
03-26-2008, 06:42 AM
-IPA to deep clean - spray on, soak, wipe down

-Plexus for regular cleaning

-PlastX or Zaino Plastic Polish for polishing.

Macruz19
03-26-2008, 07:08 AM
I`ve never tried the IPA wipedown, but would like to try. I used the Z plastic polish, and AIO to clean them. I`ve had my clear bra for almost 3 years. No signs of yellowing.

jimmie jam
03-26-2008, 07:51 AM
i have 3M on all my vehicles. C6, CTS and Avalanche. all are white (CTS is white diamond). the C6 has been on for about 14 months now. was put on at 20 miles. this car is garage kept, no weather and now has 2,400 miles on it. i have used nxt and 845 on it and now it has yellowed. going to the installer today (if it doesn`t rain) to see what`s up. i cannot beilive that wax did this. :sadpace:

reggie11
03-26-2008, 08:10 AM
When you refer to a clear bra is that the clear film that covers the front bumper and the very front of the hood? I aonly ask because my car came with something like that installed. It almost looks like a very thin piece of plastic laid over the paint.

When polishing and waxing my car should I avoid this section?

I was also wondering how one might get a scrap off the clear bra? I have two scraps on it. They don`t seem to be through the film.

I appreciate the help.

imported_Blake
03-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Plexus can be used to clean it. You can try a very fine polish (very fine) on a scrape and hope that it will improve it. A good installer will give you a warranty against "yellowing" of the product. I really like the protection it provides.

Macruz19
03-26-2008, 08:59 AM
i have 3M on all my vehicles. C6, CTS and Avalanche. all are white (CTS is white diamond). the C6 has been on for about 14 months now. was put on at 20 miles. this car is garage kept, no weather and now has 2,400 miles on it. i have used nxt and 845 on it and now it has yellowed. going to the installer today (if it doesn`t rain) to see what`s up. i cannot beilive that wax did this. :sadpace:

What product film you have? Mine is from Autobahn.