PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z-PC follow up.

moolman
03-22-2008, 02:21 AM
Hi,

I`m helping a friend detail his black car this weekend, we just got our shipment of Zaino supplies so I had a question about Z-PC. After Z-PC can we put on a coat of Z-5 without ZFX and then top off with Z-CS. The zaino website makes it seem like ZFX would be needed after the Z-PC even though we`re only going to put one layer because it needs a bonding base, like Z-1 did in the old days. IF a bonding base is required and Z-PC can`t do it, how about after Z-PC, putting a layer of Z-CS since it can be a bonding base, then the Z-5 and top off with Z-CS again.

I`m trying to avoid having to give him some of my ZFX or Z-AIO, I told him to order the everything but his a cheap *** and likes to mooch a little bit too much. I`m already giving him my Z-5 and I don`t want to reward him for his cheapness. You know what I mean. :)

kh765
03-22-2008, 03:02 AM
I went straight from polishing with Menzerna polishes to Z2 just fine. I don`t think there were any bonding issues.

gmblack3
03-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Hi,

I`m helping a friend detail his black car this weekend, we just got our shipment of Zaino supplies so I had a question about Z-PC. After Z-PC can we put on a coat of Z-5 without ZFX and then top off with Z-CS. The zaino website makes it seem like ZFX would be needed after the Z-PC even though we`re only going to put one layer because it needs a bonding base, like Z-1 did in the old days. IF a bonding base is required and Z-PC can`t do it, how about after Z-PC, putting a layer of Z-CS since it can be a bonding base, then the Z-5 and top off with Z-CS again.

I`m trying to avoid having to give him some of my ZFX or Z-AIO, I told him to order the everything but his a cheap *** and likes to mooch a little bit too much. I`m already giving him my Z-5 and I don`t want to reward him for his cheapness. You know what I mean. :)

From the zaino site:

Can I use Z-CS over Z-2 or Z-5 PRO without enabling Z-2 or Z-5 PRO with ZFX?

Yes. Follow up Z-2 or Z-5 PRO with Z-CS as a final coat. Z-CS will properly bond and cross link the Z-2 or Z-5 PRO.

I went straight from polishing with Menzerna polishes to Z2 just fine. I don`t think there were any bonding issues.

At minimum I would of done a Z6, IP/water 50/50 wipedown or a Z7 wash to remove the polishing oils.

wannafbody
03-22-2008, 08:17 AM
You need to use ZFX with Z5pro for the first coat. Otherwise Z5pro won`t bond optimally.

kustomsol
03-22-2008, 10:17 AM
My old ZFX crystalized, so was "forced" to use z-2 and/or Z-5 alone. I did wash the cars before applying. My impression has been that ZFX greatly shortens the drying time of Z-2 and Z-5 and is really not necessary when the humidity is low or you can allow the sealant to dry overnight. I do apply 2 or 3 coats and top with Z-6 or Z-8.

gmblack3
03-22-2008, 10:44 AM
You need to use ZFX with Z5pro for the first coat. Otherwise Z5pro won`t bond optimally.

From the zaino site:

Can I use Z-CS over Z-2 or Z-5 PRO without enabling Z-2 or Z-5 PRO with ZFX?

Yes. Follow up Z-2 or Z-5 PRO with Z-CS as a final coat. Z-CS will properly bond and cross link the Z-2 or Z-5 PRO.

kh765
03-22-2008, 01:00 PM
At minimum I would of done a Z6, IP/water 50/50 wipedown or a Z7 wash to remove the polishing oils.

I actually did a 50/50 wipedown and wash. :D

I just meant no other Zaino product to boost the bonding.

imported_DennisH
03-22-2008, 04:29 PM
My old ZFX crystalized, so was "forced" to use z-2 and/or Z-5 alone. I did wash the cars before applying. My impression has been that ZFX greatly shortens the drying time of Z-2 and Z-5 and is really not necessary when the humidity is low or you can allow the sealant to dry overnight. I do apply 2 or 3 coats and top with Z-6 or Z-8.

No. You may use Z-CS as the bond or base coat to the paint prior to an initial application of Z-2 or Z-5 PRO. You will not need ZFX if you`re using Z-CS unless you decide to use ZFX with Z-2 or Z-5 PRO to accelerate cure time for multiple successive coats of Z-2 or Z-5 PRO.