PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Newb!

Ni55anpat
03-21-2008, 09:43 PM
I have a 07 350z in Pikes Peak White. Nice while pearl:D

I would like to try out the zaino products, but have few questions on the steps.

Wash, clay bar, wash, z5pro ( 2 coats ),z6 then few coats of z2?

I am kinda confused if the z2 or z5 are even considered to be sealants?

I have used Rejex sealant and i love the ease and durability.

So my question is can i apply the rejex when all done with the zaino steps ( in bold ).

Thanks guys, i appreciate your help and i would just like to say HELLO, since it is my 1st post!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/Ni55anPat/test009-1.jpg

silverstripes
03-27-2008, 10:30 PM
I have an 08 350z in magnetic black and all I use is zaino. I would personally use the z6 spray in between the layers of wax. I would recommend:

Wash,Clay,Wash,Z5,Z6,Z5,Z8,CS.

gmblack3
03-28-2008, 07:52 AM
Welcome!

I would not apply rejex over zaino since rejex contains 30% solvents. I would think it would remove anything that is under the rejex.

As for the zaino, if not using ZFX, I would go with ZAIO worked in by hand, then Z2pro followed by Z8.

If using ZFX do 3x of Z2pro followed by Z8.

Options are:

Clear Seal-

Right after the single coat of Z2pro.

After the next wash if you did the 3x of Z2pro.

CS should always be applied before Z8.

Z6 between coats of Z2pro.

TigerMike
03-28-2008, 08:05 AM
I am kinda confused if the z2 or z5 are even considered to be sealants?

Z2 and Z5 are definitely sealants, and considered to be one of (if not the) most durable of sealants you can buy. For your car color, I would go with Z2P, instead of Z5. Also, I`d start with ZAIO to help clean the paint and leave a great base for the Z2 to bond.

As for products that you would really like for your car, here is what I`d recommend:

1) Wash

2) Clay+Wash (using Z7 as lube)

3) Apply ZAIO (1 coat, evenly across entire car)

4) Apply Z2P (if you get ZFX, you can apply multiple coats back to back, max 3)

5) You need to finish with Z8 or Clear Seal for maximum "pop" effect. Clear Seal will help lock in the existing shine and Z8 will add another dimension of gloss, slickness, and depth on its own. Both are fantastic products, but you can`t go wrong choosing one either!

I would personally leave the Rejex out completely. It just does not need to be used with the Z system.

Regards,

Mike

imported_rydawg
03-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Welcome to Autopia!

Gorgous car! I can`t wait to see it after you Zaino it. Make sure to post a click and brag.

Ni55anpat
03-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the help, but im going zaino route next time.

I ordered some poorboys products! I went with them cause i got 20% off ! lol

I believe tomorrow i will be doing a wash, clay, wash, SSR1 and PB`s PRO. Polish and to finish it off ...EX-P. My paint is in good shape, since it only has 5k miles and not driven in winter. I believe that combo will make the car shine!

I will post pix whenever i decide to detail

JustinDetail
03-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the help, but im going zaino route next time.

I ordered some poorboys products! I went with them cause i got 20% off ! lol

I believe tomorrow i will be doing a wash, clay, wash, SSR1 and PB`s PRO. Polish and to finish it off ...EX-P. My paint is in good shape, since it only has 5k miles and not driven in winter. I believe that combo will make the car shine!

I will post pix whenever i decide to detail

Pat, you can skip the Pro Polish, it`s not going to do anything defect removalwise over SSR1. And I believe EX-P can be put right over the SSR1. (after removing the polishing residue with a quality MF towel of course).

wannafbody
03-28-2008, 05:03 PM
I wouldn`t use the Rejex-it will just remove the Zaino.

jswift2000
03-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Mikes dead on - Z2 with some Z8. If you want, throw on some DWG b/t polish and Z2 to enhance the wet look.

imported_memnuts
04-02-2008, 06:41 PM
You will love Z2Pro on white. You will like the way Z2PRO/Z8 makes white "POP" and actually be reflective.

Don`t forget to put something on those nice wheels. :xyxthumbs