PDA

View Full Version : Is Pinnacle Souverän worth the money?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Downgear
03-21-2008, 11:58 AM
I am starting to make myself crazy searching through countless posts for the best wax. I know you have to find a balance between longevity and maximum shine. For a black car that will be waxed monthly or so in the summer months, does a better wax (for the money) exist then Pinnacle Souverän Paste Wax? Autogeek is selling it for $85 which is pretty high, but i am prepared to spend that if the general consensus is that its worth it!

imported_themightytimmah
03-21-2008, 11:59 AM
It`s pretty good stuff. I bought mine when it was $50, for $85 you might want to look at Swissvax too.

Junebug
03-21-2008, 12:09 PM
I`ve read good things about Lusso Oro too. I have Souveran - got it with a friend when they had the buy one ($79.95) get one free sale. You may want to look at CG`s Pete`s53 or 50/50.

Zq8sdime
03-21-2008, 12:10 PM
From all the reading i have done on the forum it seems to be a good wax in terms of the look it gives off. I have read that it doesnt last as long as others out there on the market.

NSXTASY
03-21-2008, 12:17 PM
For $85, its not worth it IMO. I got mine for $40, when they had buy one get one + free shipping. CG 5050 is nice for $50, not to mention it has twice the durability of PS.

PS is a very nice wax, looks great on all colors, and is a breeze to apply and remove.

wytstang
03-21-2008, 12:26 PM
I didn`t know they raised the price five dollars more. It`s hard to beat it in it`s price range though. It is a beauty so durability is not it`s strong point.

cwcad
03-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Is PS a good wax? answer...Yes. Is PS worth the money?....answer...NO! Just pick any OTC paste wax that costs less and you will get as much durabilty as PS. I have used a lot of paste wax and have found that after a week you cannot tell one from the other. In fact it is hard to tell one from the other when it is side by side. Did I like the ease of use?...Yes. But it is not easier than any other properly applied paste wax. Go ahead and buy a jar. You know you want to.:woohoo: I think that you will find that although it is a nice wax it is not worth the extra money :aww: versus a cheaper OTC wax like Mother`s Carnuaba paste wax or a boutigue wax like Natty`s white, blue, or red.

jshillin
03-21-2008, 12:53 PM
For $85, I can think of a few that I`d buy first... I paid $59 for my Souveran and I wouldn`t pay that much for it again...

Lusso Oro - $40

Zymol Carbon - $50

Zymol Titanium - $71

Swissvax Onyx $85

CG 5050 - $48

eddie926
03-21-2008, 01:07 PM
If you want to try Pinnacle Souveran, but don`t want to spring for the paste, why not try Pinnacle Liquid Souveran? It looks fantastic, particularly on dark colors, and is very easy to apply.

I use it on my red mica metallic Toyota Camry, and after a fresh application the paint looks so wet you`d think it was going to drip off the car. It`s not real long lasting, but if you`re going to wax once a month, it will definitely last that long. Granted, it`s not cheap either, but a lot cheaper than $85.

If you`re only interested in the paste, then I`d wait for a major sale.

jordanrossbell
03-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Chemical Guy`s 50/50 or Pete`s 53 would be much better choices in my opinion. Lusso Oro would be a great one too....and for that price you can nearly get two of the above mentioned waxes...I think you would be better off this way

getcha
03-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Pinnacle despite the look it gives is not worth the money IMO. There was never a second thought when I reading about it either. CG 5050 is great, definitely recommended. Also for something crazy inexpensive, Collinite 845 looks great and crazy wet and given proper application is really easy to remove.

Accumulator
03-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Whenever somebody asks if a wax is worth the price, I think to myself "if you thought to ask then you probably oughta save your money".

If, OTOH, the price is of no consequence to you, then IMO you oughta try it. It gives a specific look on a few of our vehicles that I can`t quite duplicate with my other LSPs (pretty wide selection too) and yeah, I (and my wife) can see the difference *on those cars*.

Junebug
03-21-2008, 01:49 PM
I waited a long time and caught it on sale, was it worth 40 bucks, darn right - 85? nah, I got others on the wish list thanks to Jshillin!

Downgear
03-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Wow thanks for the replies guys. Seems like everyone has their preference as countless options exit. I bought some klasse last year and after a few months it doesn`t seem to be really beading anymore, also never had the really rich shine. Perhaps i use too much soap when i wash or this particular automagic soap is to strong. I have also read many things about this Lusso Oro and think I may try it. How does it fair for longevity and max shine?

jshillin
03-21-2008, 02:59 PM
I waited a long time and caught it on sale, was it worth 40 bucks, darn right - 85? nah, I got others on the wish list thanks to Jshillin!

LOL, you`re welcome!!! I don`t have a problem helping someone else spend some money!! I bought all of those on my list over the winter...