PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a glaze / polish

buja
03-21-2008, 11:01 AM
As I have very very minor fine lines, and I do not have access to a powerpoint in the apartments garage, I will be doing all my details by hand and no machine for me.

what glaze or polish is good for me in filling and hiding them out with reasonable durability ?

and prefably non abrasive.

I will be subsequently using the opti seal to "seal" and "lock" the glaze in.

and then maintain with weekly onr , and the OID / OCW fortnightly.

I have the poli seal but have not used it yet, and am thinking twice now whether to use it or sell it on.

NSXTASY
03-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Poliseal will fill a bit, and it plays with OOS rather nicely. Additionally the fine abrasives may eliminate some fine swirls if you work it long enough by hand.

Since you already have it, I would give it a try. After OPS is buffed off, let it sit for 30-60 minutes before you apply OOS.

buja
03-21-2008, 12:00 PM
just afraid that since it has micro abrasives (i know it might not be strong enough , but it is still an abrasive) , if I do it by hand and murphy`s law strikes, I`m afraid I might cause micro marring by hand application ...

NSXTASY
03-21-2008, 12:24 PM
just afraid that since it has micro abrasives (i know it might not be strong enough , but it is still an abrasive) , if I do it by hand and murphy`s law strikes, I`m afraid I might cause micro marring by hand application ...

IIRC, it was developed for use by hand. If your worried about marring with it, apply it like a glaze to the whole car, using light pressure, then return to the start and buff off.

The abrasives in OPS are very fine, I doubt that it would cause marring itself.

I would recommend Danase Wet Glaze, however, it doesn`t fill more than OPS, and since you already have OPS, I would stick with it.

I would guess, because I have never tried, most true, filling glazes, might not work well with OOS.

Accumulator
03-21-2008, 01:59 PM
I`d recommend 1Z Metallic Polish with Wax or Autoglym Super Resin Polish. Top with a heavy carnauba like Collinite.

But if you already have the Poli Seal I`d try it on some spot and see how it works for you.

SVR
03-21-2008, 04:13 PM
If you want the best filling durability, nothing compares to permagard

Some severely (their AIO) and PD5000 will lock them fillers in for as long as you have the sealant on (12 months lifespan on sealant)

TTWAGN
03-22-2008, 05:05 AM
3m imperial glaze probably has the most fillers of any product i know.

Menzerna finishing glaze also has alot of fillers.

The products that fill the most also has the worst durability so its a compromise between durability and filling ability.

I`d use one of those and apply a carnauba or sealant over the top. Or even something quick like aquawax.