PDA

View Full Version : Rejex

Pages : [1] 2

LQ9SS
03-21-2008, 06:30 AM
I guy at work has been raving about Rejex wax. I haven`t really seen anyone on the forum talk about Rejex wax/sealant.

I am basically looking for a different sealant other than Zaino. I hate the fact that Zaino is a pain in the a$$ to remove, and is VERY easy to over apply.

What are your guys` opinions on Rejex?

Deanski
03-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Rejex was developed for jet engine turbine blade protection. It protects the blades from pitting due to jet fuel.

It`s a very reflective sealant to begin with. If you like a very bright, plastic look, then Rejex is your answer.

Your problems with Zaino is simple over application. The answer would be to use the Z-AIO for cleaning then Z-CS and walk away. Couldn`t be any easier than that!

Other sealants? Sure, there`s Optimum, Klasse, Meguiars, Poorboys etc. It all depends on the look you`re after and how much time or effort you want to spend for best results.

Klasse is pretty much the same as it has been. One is the AIO, the other, the sealant. The sealant can be a PITA if over-applied as well.

I`ve not use Optimum, but hear good things with that sealant.

I wouldn`t sweat it. The easiest in my book is the Z-AIO and Z-CS application since once you apply CS, you just walk away, no buffing off. Simple right?

I do believe there are a few sealants that may offer then same (wipe on, walk away) but I`m not sure which ones offer that. Most you still have to buff off.

As for Rejex, it`s a big thing on Porsche forums, but I now just use it for wheels now since I hated the look of it. Protects very well (it should due to it`s original intention) and do not have issues removing it.

Regards,

Deanski

imported_DennisH
03-21-2008, 09:15 AM
I agree with the extremely shinny look of Rejex and painted surfaces, that said it really looks nice and white and ok on some lighter colors. If you like the plastic look ( and there is nothing wrong with liking it) you will love the it. I get about 4 to 5 month durability but that I about what I get out Zanio maybe a week or two more from Zanio. Rejex was sold to the Air Force to keep the black deposits caused by JP5 fuel off the tail of jets. I have used Rejex for the last couple of years on my wheels and found it to be the best product I have ever used, makes wheel clean up a snap. Reapply every month or two and the brake dust just washes right off.

imported_themightytimmah
03-21-2008, 09:30 AM
It`s great for wheels, glass, tail and headlights. And roofs. Other than that, it never comes out of my bag for paint.

As far as Zaino, I know how you feel. Try applying a tiny bit via finishing pad and PC, it comes out more level and wipes off easier.

john1782
03-21-2008, 10:34 AM
RejeX polymer sealant - Bob Is The Oil Guy (http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=982014#Post982014)

a.k.a. Patrick
03-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Rejex reminds me of NuFinish..........

Zq8sdime
03-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Have you looked at werkstatt? Ive been reading up on it and talking to a member who uses it and it seems like its a great product and very easy to use. Mist a panle wipe in with a microfiber till it disappears and then turn towel over to buff and move on.

gto78
05-31-2008, 10:00 PM
I just did a clean application of Rejex today on my 350Z and I`ll pay close attention to how it looks and holds up. My main reason for trying it is to see what happens when Luv bug season hits. I`ve been extremely happy with Jeff`s Werkstatt and will never stop using it- however I just had to try Rejex simply because I`ve felt and seen the results on my customers airplanes.

Some of my customers use Rejex on their paint. I can always tell because when I try to step onto the wing I always place one hand on top of the roof to keep my balance- but on the planes with Rejex applied I always lose my grip on the roof and almost fall down. Happens every time. It feels like a teflon frying pan, ultra slick.

I just applied it on my car`s paint, windshield and headlights. Tomorrow I`ll finish applying on the wheels since my brake dust is horrible. Jeff`s Werkstatt is also slick, and in the last 5 years is the ONLY sealant I`ve had success with in preventing water spots from the well water sprinklers at my job... Other sealants that completely failed at blocking the harsh water spots at my job were: zaino, Poorboys EX, EX-P, EXP+, zymol, Gold Class, Klasse AIO, Optimum, and a few others I can`t remember. Another plus for Jeff`s Werkstatt is it really lasts 5 months in the harsh conditions we get in south florida. What I mean is that the paint will start to bake in the sun for a couple hours and the surface temp is 120 degrees, then it gets slammed with a sudden downpour of rain. The downpour will usually wash of the other waxes or sealants when they`re soft from the heat.

Jeff`s is great all around but still can`t keep love bugs from being extremely hard to remove from the front bumper. I also don`t know if you can apply Jeff`s to the windshield.

A note about Rejex on the windshield. Rain X is the typical favorite for windows. Rain X uses an acid mixture to make itself stick to the glass. The rain X`s acid formula will wear and ruin the visibility of the windshield over time. Rejex doesn`t contain any acids and purely protects the glass while sheeting away water.

Mindflux
05-31-2008, 10:12 PM
I tried to pick some up today at truevalue. No luck.

baseballlover1
05-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Ive seen it used on brake calipers.

gto78
06-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Minor Update:

I applied Rejex for the first time two days ago, hadn`t really seen it in bright daylight until today. Holy crap is it glossy. .... this is a mirror finish that I`ve never been able to get before out of my paint job. The people I know and see on a daily basis know that I keep my paint in top shape all the time, so they`re used to it being shiny- however I`ve now had 4 compliments today about the car`s gloss.

As for the comments about "plastic" appearance? I don`t see plastic at all. It must depend on the color or surface smoothness or something else.

Slickness- extremely high, maybe the neighbor`s cat won`t be able to walk on it.

So far very happy, now to see how it blocks water spots and love bugs.

Mindflux
06-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Minor Update:

Slickness- extremely high, maybe the neighbor`s cat won`t be able to walk on it.

So far very happy, now to see how it blocks water spots and love bugs.

No traction for a Cat? I hope it`s clawless.

gto78
06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I know, I`m worried now. I`m picturing the little POS jumping from the ground to my hood, then slipping all over the place and sliding down the hood, and scurrying away never to come back. But do the claws come out????? God I hope not. Makes me wish I had an antifreeze leak....J/K

imported_DetailDan
06-02-2008, 08:16 PM
It`s a very reflective sealant to begin with. If you like a very bright, plastic look, then Rejex is your answer.

No wonder the vette guys like it. :D

gto78
06-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Again I really don`t understand why the term "Plastic" is used to describe this wax. I`ve seen it on quite a few of my customer`s airplanes, they all look beautiful and glossy. After seeing it on my car I`m extremely happy. I don`t see anything that looks like plastic. Must be the color or texture of the paint that causes a plastic apearance.