PDA

View Full Version : Collonite or Duragloss with OPS, or no OPS?

auburnryan
03-19-2008, 12:48 PM
History yesterday:

1999 BMW M3 Alpine White - Parked outdoors 24/7

PC 7333 with megs backing plate and pads and some excel pads (blue and green). last time the pads were separating from the plate- so I ordered a meg solo plate, only to realize i need an adepter to fit my PC. Sheesh...

Anyways car is in good shape except for some light spider webs. I clayed the car and hit the trunk with Merzerna IP and my maroon megs pad (cutting) - nothing. Then lightly distribute some 3M Final cut rubbing compound and hit it again - paint got smooth but 50% of webs are still there under light. It`s apparent that maybe I need a rotary to correct them, which is not happening now.

Dilemma:

So I`m going to forget the correction of minor flaws under direct light, and continue my detail.

So I have :

Merzerna IP

Opti Poly Seal

DG bonding agent and 105

Collonite 845 liquid

Rejex

What should I use to get a good 6 months of protection, I can`t find the time to detail car more that 2 times a year anymore. I`ve been pretty happy with both the DG and Collonite , but don`t want to compromise either the DG or Collonite protection by first applying the Opti poli- seal...

Any suggestions?

auburnryan
03-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Should add that I love that 845 can be applied to trim and rubber exterior pieces and deepens the black. I can`t remember how the duragloss affects the trim pieces..

Carbon Blue
03-19-2008, 01:12 PM
845IW is my favorite!! I too also use it on black trim.

imported_Blake
03-19-2008, 01:29 PM
You want 6 months. I`d recommend the Collinite. I really don`t think there would be very much difference in appearance as both do a good job but for me Collinite excels in durability.

CleanGSR
03-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I`d reccomend DG 105.....with or without PBA. I got 5+ months...almost 6 months protection out of DG105 through this past winter, parked outside and daily driven through nasty weather.

I can`t speak for Collonite, but the DG is pretty slick and the slick surface helps with it staying clean longer. Hit it with some Aquawax every now and then and the look really pops.

Oh, and with poliseal being a sealant, I don`t think you`ll have any problems with Collonite or DG over it regarding durability.

TigerMike
03-19-2008, 01:35 PM
1-2 coats of the 105 will do the trick. I`d personally leave the Opt out of the equation all together...

wannafbody
03-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Duragloss would probably be a slight bit better. 105 has slight cleaners so there is no need for PS.