PDA

View Full Version : I just got a job!

LikeaRock
07-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Well, as long as I decide to take it!

It`s a detailing job at a semi-local auto body shop. Commute is about 35-45 min without raffic, and I would start work around 8, so I would hopefully miss the traffic! It`s a 40 hour a week job, but I think it`s going to be well worth it providing I can get night classes at the Junior College this fall semester.

I`ll start out just washing cars, and applying LSP`s when the other guy is backed up, but it`s a great opportunity, and I don`t think I`ll pass it up. Living at home and maing $15 an hour doing something I like is well worth it!

I was going to announce I applied for a couplle jobs like this, but I thought I`d share my enthusiasm after I got the job :D

I start first thing Monday :cool

joyriide1113
07-27-2005, 09:56 PM
thats awesome! good luck on the job and dont be afraid to share some knowledge to u`re upper classmen.

im sure u`ll quickly become one of the head detailers.

maximv1
07-28-2005, 05:00 AM
congrats on the new job!! starting a new job is a great feeling.

Anthony A
07-28-2005, 07:03 AM
They are going to pay you $15.00 an hour to wash and apply a LSP? Thats a minimum wage job around here. Good for you. What kind of money does the guy doing full details make?

CharlesW
07-28-2005, 08:06 AM
:bigups :bigups :bigups
Congratulations!

Probably one of the most important parts of your post:
" doing something I like is well worth it!"

No matter what the pay, doing something you like is definitely a good thing.

Charles

LikeaRock
07-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks again guys!

They are going to pay you $15.00 an hour to wash and apply a LSP? Thats a minimum wage job around here. Good for you. What kind of money does the guy doing full details make?
Not sure on that one, but I`ll soon find out. IMO, $15 isn`t too bad for just starting out :)

CharlesW
07-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Thanks again guys!

Not sure on that one, but I`ll soon find out. IMO, $15 isn`t too bad for just starting out :)California is a different world, but around this area, most places start you at about $7 an hour. They try to get the young kids for $6.50 and then work them the crap hours and week-ends.
Sounds like a start and you don`t have to stay there forever.

Charles