PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Cleaners chrome, alumium etc...???

bozz
03-18-2008, 03:17 PM
There are a ton of wheel cleaners out there. I hear some acid cleaners can really screw up some wheels. Is there a cleaner other than soap and brushes that can be used on all rims chrome, aluminum etc..???? Simple green, purple power?

Better to be safe than sorry

jesselyons2002
03-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Eagle one All wheel and tire cleaner.

Joseph K
03-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Diluted Simple Green is what I use on everything... aluminum and chrome. Works just as good as Eagle One, and ends up being way cheaper.

imported_hockeyplaya13
03-18-2008, 08:14 PM
So the Eagle One is safe on everything?

stigg
03-18-2008, 10:24 PM
how about P21s wheel Gel?

Saintlysins
03-18-2008, 10:31 PM
I’m sure to get a lot of guff for my stance on wheel cleaners, but the right cleaner for the right rim (and brake pads/brake system – where I may get too deep for this thread), is just as important as the type of car wash/shampoo.

Each rim finish is as different to the bond it provides for brake dust, as it is to the type of brake pads/brake system on the car. Good quality wheel cleaners, designed for specific rim finishes will do the best to release the bond of brake dust while causing as little damage to the finish of that rim type.

The right wheel cleaner for the rim finish will save you time cleaning and save the long term finish of the rims.