PDA

View Full Version : Sequence for Jet Black M3

jfo122@aol.com
03-18-2008, 12:11 PM
I am trying to piece together a good system of steps for washing my jet black e46 m3 this spring/summer. How does dg 901, menzerna FMJ, zaino z6, nattys blue then z8 sound? Im not totally sure if the Z8 is necessary, but would it be a good last step product over a coat of the menzerna sealant and poorboys wax? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

JustinDetail
03-18-2008, 01:31 PM
First off welcome! :)

Secondly, I think you`re spending a bit too much time worrying about what last step product (LSP) to put on a car that will probably need polishing first. You might try polishing it out, then the LSP.

As far as the question in regards to a wash/lsp, the DG 901 is a great car wash concentrate. You could just do Z5/Z8 for your LSP combo, or something like Collinite for good protection as well. Natty`s blue only lasted a short period of time in my uses and attracts dust like a magnet. Good luck either way.

jfo122@aol.com
03-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Im having an experienced friend help me with polishing with an orbital, but im more concerned with routine maintenance. I was going to use Z6 as a general quick detailer and after the fmj, then nattys blue followed by z8 to increase durability and repel dust. I would use the natty blue and z8 more routinely and the fmj only a few times a year after a product like klasse aio.