PDA

View Full Version : Go to polishes for PC

Pages : [1] 2

Saleenfan
03-18-2008, 11:18 AM
I have some major swirling that happened over the winter (dang salt and sand) I already use Megs #80 and love it but sadly i dont think its gonna be stong enough to get this crap out. I have heard #83 works great with a PC but what else do you use as your go to "more intensive" polish.

NSXTASY
03-18-2008, 11:34 AM
IP, HiTemp HeavyCut, Danase Swirl Abolisher 2 and 3. All work great with the PC, however, SIP is the only one I wouldn`t recommend for PC.

imported_wagonproject
03-18-2008, 11:39 AM
SIP is the only one I wouldn`t recommend for PC.

Why is that?

NSXTASY
03-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Why is that?

IME, its a great polish by rotary, however, when I would use it with my 4" pads/PC it just wouldn`t break down right and finish nice enough. Its not like it doesnt work, just that I find that the others I listed work better by PC IME. Additionally, it could be attributed to user error.

Wren
03-18-2008, 12:19 PM
I had great success with SIP back when I used a PC, when I saw the title that was the answer that popped into my head! SIP LCC Orange, then to Nano LCC white. I`d agree with the statement about having to work it longer with the PC because they both seemed very "oily"

ej8tunerman
03-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Interesting comment about the SIP when used with the PC. Just the other day I used SIP on my cypress green civic. I used it on the hood, and both the front and rear bumpers. This was at speed 6 on the PC with an light cut orange 5.5 in. orange pad. Not only did it cut all the defects better than I anticipated, but it finished so good that I could not even improve the finish with OP or PS. Before moving onto to OP and PS, I did however do an 50/50 alcohol wipe down and there seemed to be no filling.

imported_Dave1
03-18-2008, 01:37 PM
IME, its a great polish by rotary, however, when I would use it with my 4" pads/PC it just wouldn`t break down right and finish nice enough. Its not like it doesnt work, just that I find that the others I listed work better by PC IME. Additionally, it could be attributed to user error.

I don`t know.....You recommended HTHC and it`s got some nice cut but, I don`t think that it finishes down as nice as Menzerna SIP when using a rotary or a PC......

Since these aren`t LSP anyway it`s no biggie.....

Presta Ultra Cut or Ultra Light cutting cream is another option for something stronger......

Chris@Optimum
03-18-2008, 01:39 PM
I think I`m the only one that uses it one here, but I really like Ardex Smartcut with the PC, 4" pad, and speed 5-6. Cuts fast, and it finishes almost LSP ready. Oh and it`s really cheap.

deathlok
03-18-2008, 01:48 PM
if you liked meguiars 80 try meguiars 83

danponjican
03-18-2008, 03:05 PM
"Major Swirls" + PC = FRUSTRATION

You should look into a stronger machine.

Saleenfan
03-18-2008, 03:37 PM
"Major Swirls" + PC = FRUSTRATION

You should look into a stronger machine.

Thats another option but my thought process is to get my car to where i want it then look at upgrading to a makita rotary, this way im not rushing to learn so i can get my car looking good and muss up my paint by jumping in too quick, plus my freind has offered his beater of a car (no wax for 4 years fully oxodized paint) for a practice car.

Forgive my ignorance what the F^%* is SIP, im guessing menzerna but not sure. (and dont say look at the decoder ring its not in there)

KnuckleBuckett
03-18-2008, 03:56 PM
SIP works fine with PC. Just not very quickly. Seems kind oof pissy in colder temperatures as well.

getcha
03-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Optimum and 106ff worked really well as well as #83 and 80 for me. Gonna give UF SE a try on some white.

Anyone used 85RD via PC?

BigJimZ28
03-18-2008, 04:02 PM
(and dont say look at the decoder ring its not in there)

look again

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/99979-acronym-decoder-complete-11-26-07-a.html

Saleenfan
03-18-2008, 04:39 PM
look again

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/99979-acronym-decoder-complete-11-26-07-a.html

OK why are there 2 different ones?

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/75095-updating-abbreviation-list-secret-decoder-ring.html

thank you.