PDA

View Full Version : Black Wow next best thing to painting?

jayjacque
03-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Here`s a situation I run into ever so often: Badly faded exterior trim pieces, black or charcoal. In the past I`ve masked off and painted and charged accordingly. It`s kiind of a hassle though. As an alternative was wondering if a product like Black Wow brings nearly the same results and if it will last for some months looking good.

RTexasF
03-17-2008, 08:22 PM
In a word, YES!

imported_montecarloss
03-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Showroom New, works great lasts and is cheap($9.95 a bottle)I have done at least 30 car door handles per a bottle. My .02

Legacy
03-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Here`s a situation I run into ever so often: Badly faded exterior trim pieces, black or charcoal. In the past I`ve masked off and painted and charged accordingly. It`s kiind of a hassle though. As an alternative was wondering if a product like Black Wow brings nearly the same results and if it will last for some months looking good.

BW been on my exterior trim for 2 mos. with weekly washing and is still nice and black.

SVR
03-17-2008, 08:52 PM
For those textured pieces yes it`s great but for the rest, I`d rather machine polish them

Why - because the results last forever as it molecularly changes the surface

twitch
03-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Showroom New, works great lasts and is cheap($9.95 a bottle)I have done at least 30 car door handles per a bottle. My .02

I`m not sure which product you are referring to but Black WOW is ~$25 for a 4oz bottle.

BTW, :welcome to Autopia!

I used some and it does seem to work good on black textured trim.

The problem that I was looking to resolve with it fell through however. That was the gray plastic bumper of a Ford Explorer. The rain is channeled through the waffle pattern on the top portion of the bumper which causes water to drain in lines down the rear bumper. Everything I`ve used so far, including Black WOW, fades away to leave lines down the bumper.

imported_DJBAILEY
03-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Buff those drainage stain lines off with some #0000 steel wool. It does a great job of exfoliating the dead layers of chalky looking plastic and embedded wax. Use it wet and don`t use too much pressure.