PDA

View Full Version : New paint ??

oN3fastSS
03-17-2008, 05:11 PM
I just got my truck back from the paint shop today I had it repainted I kept it the same color black but added blue pearl to it looks bad ***! Basically I was wondering if it would be OK to use a polish like 106ff during the curing time for the paint? The bottle says its body-shop safe, also as for washing the truck what wash soap would you guys recommend that`s safe for new paint? I have a foam cannon so that would be used and compressed air to remove the majority of water after rinse and a waffle weave towel to dry.

deathlok
03-17-2008, 05:52 PM
you can polish with a paint shop safe product but if i were you I just add a glaze for the first 90 days

Accumulator
03-17-2008, 06:08 PM
silvSS03- Remember that the paint will be softer than normal during the curing period. Unless there`s some really hideous marring that you just can`t live with, I`d wait until it`s a little harder (personally, I almost always wait until it`s cured and then polish it once before using my regular LSP, I live with marring/etc. until then if I can).

I use my regular Griot`s of fresh paint, and Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo and Meg`s #62 and #00 always seemed fine too. For that matter, I`ve never heard of anybody having problems with Gold Class either, but I haven`t used it of fresh paint myself.