PDA

View Full Version : Old Zaino Kit

stigg
03-17-2008, 03:24 PM
I`ve found a Zaino kit that I only vaguely remember having when I was cleaning out a storage slot. I purchased it and was promptly deployed after using the car wash and an initial coat of Z2. I remember my first impression of Zaino products as ho-hum (likely inexperience)

This stuff has sat for a little over two years now. Looks to have been through a few thaw/freeze cycles. I don`t think it was ever above 100* F. Everything but the ZFX looks ok. I`m not familiar enough with the constancy to know if anything is `off`

ZFXâ„¢ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive - looks like a rubber slug ( still never opened :()

Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes Milky but not watery (want to say it seems a bit thin)

Z-5 PRO Show Car Polish (a thicker lotion)

Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray (sprays fine)

Z-7 Show Car Wash (looks and feels much like Megs Gold Class but blue)

Z-9â„¢ Leather Soft Spray Cleaner

Z-10â„¢ Leather in a Bottle (I`m wondering if this stuff is rancid)

Z-16â„¢ Perfect Tire Gloss ( really thin - seems to be how its supposed to be because of the stopper)

Z-18â„¢ ClayBar (still wrapped up)

Z -Glass Polish (hope this is still good)

The ZFX is pretty much Gel. Disappointing that I never had time to really even test it. I knew a lot less about application techniques than I do now so I guess I was buying confidence at the time. My question is I seem to be back at square one and I`m hesitant to invest more into the Zaino system with the new stuff like Ultima that I`m reading about. Should I get the ZFX without knowing if the other products are still solid?

Scottwax
03-17-2008, 04:00 PM
The other stuff is probably fine, I`d go with ZAIO instead of ZFX since ZAIO will not only remove *light* defects, but it puts down a real good base for Z2 or Z5...almost like you are putting down two layers of protection without having to do any mixing.

If the Z10 smells really good (like it is supposed to), then it is good to use.

stigg
03-17-2008, 07:01 PM
The other stuff is probably fine, I`d go with ZAIO instead of ZFX since ZAIO will not only remove *light* defects, but it puts down a real good base for Z2 or Z5...almost like you are putting down two layers of protection without having to do any mixing.

If the Z10 smells really good (like it is supposed to), then it is good to use.

I had to laugh at the Z10 comment. I guess some could consider it smelling good. To me it smells kind of musty.

Scottwax
03-17-2008, 07:13 PM
If the Z10 doesn`t smell good, there is something wrong!

wfedwar
03-17-2008, 07:29 PM
ZFX will solidify with time. The other stuff is probably fine.

Wren
03-17-2008, 08:16 PM
I guess some could consider it smelling good. To me it smells kind of musty.

I like to put a few dabs behind my ears before bed, the wife looooves the smell of leather! :chuckle:

Deanski
03-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Yea, go with the ZAIO, like Klasse, but better, then add your other Zaino as normal. Or go with the new Zaino Clear Seal.

You could also email Sal to be sure on the age issue.

Regards,

Deanski

mporreca01
03-18-2008, 03:21 AM
`Staraight from Sal Zaino(I just emailed him a couple days ago about temp change and shelf life)\r\n\r\n\r\nZaino products or any wax products should not exposed to a large temperature change, and should not be allowed to freeze, that will ruin them. If your garage is not heated your wax products should be moved inside in the winter time. Here is the Zaino shelf life of our products stored at or near room temperature.\r\n \r\n\r\nI found that room temperature gave the best longevity for Zaino\r\nproducts... so that\`s what I prefer... The optical additives I use do\r\nnot like\r\nextreme heat or cold. It will decrease there gloss enhancing properties.\r\n\r\nWhen stored in a cool dry place. Avoiding extreme heat or cold. Shelf\r\n Life is as follows.\r\n\r\n Z-1 For optimum results use before 3 years.\r\n Z-2 For optimum results use before 3 years.\r\n\r\n Z-3 For optimum results use before 3 years\r\n Z-5 For optimum results use before 3 years.\r\n Z-6 5 years +\r\n Z-7 5 years +\r\n\r\n Z-8 5 years +\r\n Z-9 5 years +\r\n Z-10 For optimum results use before 2 years.\r\n Z-12 For optimum results use before 2 years.\r\n Z-14 For optimum results use before 2 years.\r\n Z-16 3 to 5 years\r\n Z-18 5 years +\r\n\r\n Z-CS 5 years +\r\n\r\n Z-AIO 3 years +\r\n\r\n Z-PC 3 years +\r\n ZFX For optimum results keep tightly capped and use before 24\r\nmonths.`

imported_memnuts
03-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Since you did not mention when this purchase was made, this chart may help in determining if properly stored Zaino products are still viable. If purchased ZFX was made less than 2 years ago, just call Sal and he will replace it (some proof of purchase is obviously required).

Q: What is the usable shelf life of Zaino products?

A: A 70° room temperature is best for the longevity of Zaino products. Due to the optical additives used, extreme heat or cold can result in a decrease in gloss-enhancing properties.

When stored at average room temperature between 65° and 75° degrees, shelf life is as follows:

Z-PC 3+ years

Z-AIO 3+ years

Z-CS 5+ years

Z-1 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-2 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-3 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-5 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-6 5+ years

Z-7 5+ years

Z-8 5+ years

Z-9 5+ years

Z-10 For optimum results, use before 2 years.

Z-12 For optimum results, use before 2 years.

Z-14 For optimum results, use before 2 years.

Z-16 3 to 5 years

Z-18 5 years +

ZFX For optimum results, keep tightly capped, avoiding moisture. Use before 24 months.

Hope this helps.