PDA

View Full Version : using optimum over decals

jayjacque
03-16-2008, 12:32 AM
I have a Mazda MPV van, getting ready to cover over half the sides with decals, mostly lettering advertising the business (wish I could`ve downloaded the pics of what it will look like, but didn`t work). I get a lot of dirt from driving a lot of miles, so wanted to get it more protected. Plus I want to have it sparkle cuz it`s advertising my bizz.

Since I don`t own any polisher/buffer, I was leaning toward a few products from optimum like poli-seal, OCW, and Instant Detailer for ease of use and recommendations from this board. But then I started wondering about the decals. I searched earlier posts and found that some said waxes were ok to go over decals, but that they tend to leave a residue on the edges.

So the reason I`m bringing it up again is to ask you guys, "Should I or should I not cover the lettering and graphics with OCW? - or Go ahead and use those products but keep them away from the vinyl?" Or any other suggestions?

Chris@Optimum
03-16-2008, 12:42 AM
PolySeal, OptiSeal, and OCW are all a go. PS has just a little residue that is easily removed by following it with OCW and even if you didn`t it is NOT that nasty, white, chalky stuff; it`s just a little hazy.

Scottwax
03-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Poli-Seal buffed off with OCW should be exactly what you are looking for.

beachcities
03-16-2008, 12:10 PM
If it is vinyl lettering like I have all over my van, I have used sealants and waxes over them all with no problem. And the guy at the sign shop said my lettering is holding up much better than those customers who don`t protect theirs.

jayjacque
03-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks a lot you guys. Just the answers I was hoping for! Wish I would`ve discovered this board years ago.