PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique - Rubber Black Dye

Pages : [1] 2

KnuckleBuckett
03-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Can anyone review this product?

I am attempting to decide between this product and Black WOW. Lots of good information on Black WOW but not so much on the Rubber Black Dye. I would appreciate reviews, experiences, feedback and or comparisons.

Rubber Black Dye

Manufacturer: Leatherique

Developed for the restoration of all rubber trim on bumpers, and trim pieces. Will recolor the rubber so it STAYS BLACK. Simple brush or wipe on application. Just clean the area with Prepping Agent, allow to dry (about 10 min.) then apply.

and

Black WOW

Manufacturer: Show Car Detailing (SCD)

Designed for any color exterior plastic such as on the MINI Cooper, Honda Element, Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Tacoma, and others, this gel will restore your trims natural color without the use of dyes or colorants and provides a rich, long lasting look (measured in months), proven by the water beading action.

KnuckleBuckett
03-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Wow. No pun intended.

I thought this would generate a solid post.

Greg Nichols
03-15-2008, 06:52 PM
I have used WOW and like it. Use only a tiny bit. I get pretty good duration out of it.

GREG

KnuckleBuckett
03-15-2008, 07:13 PM
How do you define tiny bit? And for how much surface area?

SVR
03-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Just polish the damn things. Dye`s are not needed

KnuckleBuckett
03-15-2008, 10:18 PM
I disagree. Sometimes polish does the job, sometimes it needs something more.

SVR
03-16-2008, 03:19 AM
Mine will,

rlguy28
05-05-2008, 04:05 PM
1 vote for black wow.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/2442149034_816f545f64_b.jpg

SilverLexus
05-05-2008, 05:25 PM
I have used Black Wow and it is effective. I can`t wait to try the Leatherique product.

stilez
09-04-2008, 06:53 AM
I just received my Leatherique Rubber Black. Will review after a few uses.

imported_mystic04
09-04-2008, 07:57 AM
i need to do something on my 2001 explore the trim is faded terrible either dye it grey or try black wow or whatever tried back to black it lasted maybe a week after it got rained on and streaked .PB trim restore lasted about the same. keeping tabs on this thread

stilez
11-06-2008, 05:55 AM
I just received my Leatherique Rubber Black. Will review after a few uses.

So here is my mini-review...

Leatherique Rubber Black is pretty simple to use, but I recommend using gloves and cleaning your trim first with IPA, GR40, or your preferred cleaner. I found it easiest to use with a small foam paint brush. You need to apply it `moderately`, but not heavy as it will run onto your paint. I did 2 moderate coats with about 20 mins between one another and parked the car in the sun for an hour after that.

My results are pretty simple. The car has been outside for 6 weeks since then. Minimal driving, but plenty of rain, temperature changes, and washes. 95% of the trim looks great - a very dark matte look (ie: from the factory). The areas that are "lighter" are areas that were more worn before the treatment.

For this relatively simple process and so far, pretty solid results 6 weeks out, you use very little, so it gets my recommendation.

Cheers.

stiffdogg06
11-06-2008, 07:08 AM
So here is my mini-review...

Leatherique Rubber Black is pretty simple to use, but I recommend using gloves and cleaning your trim first with IPA, GR40, or your preferred cleaner. I found it easiest to use with a small foam paint brush. You need to apply it `moderately`, but not heavy as it will run onto your paint. I did 2 moderate coats with about 20 mins between one another and parked the car in the sun for an hour after that.

My results are pretty simple. The car has been outside for 6 weeks since then. Minimal driving, but plenty of rain, temperature changes, and washes. 95% of the trim looks great - a very dark matte look (ie: from the factory). The areas that are "lighter" are areas that were more worn before the treatment.

For this relatively simple process and so far, pretty solid results 6 weeks out, you use very little, so it gets my recommendation.

Cheers.

Thanks for the update sir. I was always looking into this product.

Thanks,

- Andy

imported_steveo3002
11-07-2008, 03:26 AM
whats the product like ? thin or thick ? smells like paint or what

just wondering if its similar to foreverblack

stilez
11-07-2008, 07:43 AM
whats the product like ? thin or thick ? smells like paint or what

just wondering if its similar to foreverblack

It`s very thin. The smell is nothing that I can put a label on, smells very dull and faint. This is good, in my opinion, if you have any small interior areas that may need it as you won`t risk over exposure to harsh fumes.