PDA

View Full Version : What do you mobile guys charge????

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Garry Dean
03-14-2008, 06:01 PM
If it is ok I will post my prices so we can compare packages and prices. As soon as I get the ok from someone so that it doesnt seem like Im trying to ise I will post them.

Thanks

Envious Eric
03-14-2008, 06:21 PM
anywhere from $60 for a quick wash and spray wax, to $350 for a three step plus interior

rates go up with the more work that we do...show car starts at $500 from bumper to bumper...I should have one done for Sema this year...its going to be a trailblazer with all SS conversion....I just hope I have it with enough time unlike the last year with his 240sx...only had 4 hours with the car and it was in terrible shape to start, but ended up looking better than 90% of the cars on the showroom floor...kinda sad.....LOL

mixxer
03-14-2008, 07:14 PM
CAR

Exterior- $100+

includes hand wash, outside glass polished and sealed, tires cleaned and dressed, rims cleaned, basic bug and tar removal, exterior trim dressed, door jams and sills cleaned and wax or sealant of choice.

Interior- $40+

includes vacuum, floor mats cleaned, wipe down and clean, uv protection, inside windows

*** Combination special- $130 ***

Ala-carte:

Polish- $120+

one or two stage clear coat swirl reduction and removal (depending on paint condition)

Paint cleanser-$25+

chemically cleaning paint (adds depth, clarity and helps bonding of wax or sealant)

Clay bar-$25+

When contaminants get a solid grip on your car`s paint, washing will not remove them. Pre-wax cleaners will remove some of the contamination but not all. Detail clay will safely remove all forms of paint contamination!

*ALL IN ONE (AIO) polish- $50+

paint cleaner, minor swirl reducer and sealant- all done with one product. *** Great addition to combo special

Glaze-$25+

Adds depth and wettness. Also fills minor swirls.[ great addition for a show car]

Shampoo carpets and spot clean-$30+ added to interior package

Leather conditioner-$15+

I have the leather cleaners and conditioners that will keep it soft, supple and smelling like new!

Interior deoderizer- $10+

Engine clean and degrease- $40+

Additonal layer of wax or sealant- $20+ (added to exterior package)

Ask about other services such as - - headlight restoration, wheel and rim restoration, convertible top protectant, show car detailing, oder bombs and much more.

*My mobile services are free up to 30 miles , travel expense will be discussed for locations further than allowed distance.

*Truck and SUV prices will be determined by size and condition of vehicle

mrfjsw294
03-14-2008, 07:53 PM
CAR

Exterior- $100+

includes hand wash, outside glass polished and sealed, tires cleaned and dressed, rims cleaned, basic bug and tar removal, exterior trim dressed, door jams and sills cleaned and wax or sealant of choice.

Interior- $40+

includes vacuum, floor mats cleaned, wipe down and clean, uv protection, inside windows

*** Combination special- $130 ***

Ala-carte:

Polish- $120+

one or two stage clear coat swirl reduction and removal (depending on paint condition)

Paint cleanser-$25+

chemically cleaning paint (adds depth, clarity and helps bonding of wax or sealant)

Clay bar-$25+

When contaminants get a solid grip on your car`s paint, washing will not remove them. Pre-wax cleaners will remove some of the contamination but not all. Detail clay will safely remove all forms of paint contamination!

*ALL IN ONE (AIO) polish- $50+

paint cleaner, minor swirl reducer and sealant- all done with one product. *** Great addition to combo special

Glaze-$25+

Adds depth and wettness. Also fills minor swirls.[ great addition for a show car]

Shampoo carpets and spot clean-$30+ added to interior package

Leather conditioner-$15+

I have the leather cleaners and conditioners that will keep it soft, supple and smelling like new!

Interior deoderizer- $10+

Engine clean and degrease- $40+

Additonal layer of wax or sealant- $20+ (added to exterior package)

Ask about other services such as - - headlight restoration, wheel and rim restoration, convertible top protectant, show car detailing, oder bombs and much more.

*My mobile services are free up to 30 miles , travel expense will be discussed for locations further than allowed distance.

*Truck and SUV prices will be determined by size and condition of vehicle

I wish I could pull those kind of numbers around here. Your exterior minus the wax would be $30-$45 MAX around here. If you get into the city, your looking at about $50-65 for that. (minus wax)

EMAES
03-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Where are you guys located!?

2 days ago, I got the word from a friend that works at a **** dealership that the detailing company they hired is doing awful work. Since he is friends with the accounting ladies, I told him if he could get me some inside info on what they charge. I was completely speechless when he told me that the detailing company charges them $28 for the following:

-Shampoo car

-Vacuum

-Armor-al or protectant on dash

-dress exterior trim

-wax with "orbital machine"

-fragance upon request

He told me that they charge that because is "wholesale price", that the dealership charges $60 so they get a $32 profit. They also charge the same for new cars or "make ready".

My friend has suggested to switch detailing companies but they dont want to because they get those $32. BTW this is in Houston TX.

To be honest I dont know how much volume they get, or how dumb the owner is, this is ridiculous!

imported_themightytimmah
03-14-2008, 08:58 PM
35-45/hour... most of my jobs run 240-350ish with a full 2 step, 3 steps on trouble spots and a full (takes about 45 minutes to vacuum, shampoo, clean and condition on most Florida cars) interior.

I`m looking to raise my rates for the coming season.

Garry Dean
03-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Ok, this is what I charge, LMK what you guys think!

NOTE: Extremely nasty and large vehicles extra! Ultra High End products available upon request! i.e. Pinnicle wax, Klasse polish/glaze/sealant, P21S Concours wax, etc.

Premium Package with interior : $200

* Package 4

* Claybar (to remove contaminants from paint)

* Apply glaze/polish

* Apply paint sealer

* 2 coats of P21S or Pinnicle paste wax (to improve depth and shine)

* 1 FREE Value Pack (within 30 days)

* Premium Products Used

Premium Package without interior : $150

* Wash/Dry

* Bug/tar removal

* Dress tires/fender wells

* Claybar (to remove contaminants from paint)

* Apply glaze/polish

* Apply paint sealer

* 2 coats of P21S or Pinnicle paste wax (to improve depth and shine)

* Rain X front and rear windshield

* Premium Products Used

Package 4 : $130

* Package 3

* Vents Cleaned

* Vacuum Rear Deck/Trunk

* Headliner Spot Removal

* Rim Detail

* Engine Degrease/Wipe Down

* Advanced Bug/Tar Removal

* Rain X Front and rear windshield

Package 3 : $110

* Package 2

* Paste wax (6 months of protection)

* Complete Interior Detail

* Carpet/Upholstery Shampoo

* Scotch Guard all carpeted areas and upholstery

* Leather Protectant/Conditioner (as needed)

Package 2 : $65

* Package 1

* Gel coat wax/sealer/hand buff (4 months of protection)

* Fender well shine

* Basic upholstery spot removal

* Paste wax add $15

Package 1 : $45

* Value Pack

* Spray Wax and Buff (2 months of protection)

* UV Protectant

* Paste wax add $15

Value Pack: $25

* Hand Wash

* Hand Dry

* Interior Vacuum

* Interior Wipe Down

* Tires Dressed

* Basic Bug Removal

* Interior Windows

* Door Jambs

Complete Interior Detail/Protect : $65

* Interior vacuum

* Interior wipe down w/UV protectant

* Interior windows

* Carpet/Upholstery shampoo

* Leather protectant/conditioner (as needed)

* Scotch Guard all carpeted areas and upholstery

Hard Water/Mineral Spot Removal Package : $80

* Hand Wash

* Top Secret Acid Bath

* Hand Wash

* Paste Wax/Hand Buff

$10 additional fee for MID sized SUV`s and Quad cab MID sized trucks.

(Example: Ford Explorer Sport Trac/ Jeep Cherokee/ Ford Explorer)

$15 additional fee for FULL sized SUV`s and Quad cab FULL sized trucks.

(Example: Ford F150 Quad cab/ Chevy Tahoe/ Ford Expedition)

$20 additional fee for XL SUV`s, Conversion Vans, Quad cab Duallys.

(Example: Ford Expedition EL/ Chevy Suburban/ Ford Econoline Van)

$50 Buff/polish with orbital buffer (depending on paint)

$25 charge for more than 25 miles from 34638.

$15 for Premium products/matierals

$15 fee for pet hair removal

Door paint scuff removal $2 per square inch

All prices subject to inspection of vehicle

Additional services may be needed or suggested

If concerned about additional services that are not listed please ask

mrfjsw294
03-15-2008, 09:14 AM
I just priced a "Multi-car" deal the other day.

The deal included

1-Yukon Denali, detailed twice/month (owner keeps the car immaculate all the time)

and

3-GMC 2500 4door trucks. (Most of the time they are filthy)

Detail includes:

Wash, blow dry, clean all door jambs, tires and wheels cleaned and dressed, wheel wells cleaned and dressed, vacuum interior, clean out all nooks and crannies, clean and dress dash and leather, windows in and out.

Im getting $35 for the Denali each detail and $55 for the trucks each detail. I would normally charge $45 Denali and $70 trucks.

Todd@RUPES
03-15-2008, 09:23 AM
We offer several packages, but in general, we average between $800-$1600 a detail.

imported_Detailing Technology
03-15-2008, 09:26 AM
$450-$900

I`d also like to add that I turn down more work than I take.

Garry Dean
03-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Well arent you just special, lol

imported_Detailing Technology
03-15-2008, 03:35 PM

Todd is, look at his work. No excuses, no story....

Scottwax
03-15-2008, 11:37 PM

Two guys working 8-12 hours per vehicle means a pricey detail. If someone wants the car absolutely perfect, that is what it takes.

I made the mistake when I first started out trying to have a lot price to attract business. All it attracts are bargain hunters with crappy cars who jump ship the instant someone cheaper comes along. Took me a year to realize I needed to hike my prices to get a higher level of clientel.

My one-steps start at $65 (small cars), 2 steps at $100 (small cars, no major correction), heavier corrections start at $150 and goes up quickly if the car has serious flaws. Interior detailing adds $50-150 (sometimes more), again depending on the size and condition. I try to have enough options to satisfy a reasonably wide variety of clients without have a true lowball price that attracts people with absolute crap cars. Overspray removal includes one or two step price, plus $65 an hour for as long as it takes to remove the overspray.

I`d really like to get into the higher end 10+ hour details but I have so many regulars it is hard to get a full day to devote to one car.

BillyL207
03-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Wash with vacuum

Car - $20.00

Truck . Van , SUV - $30.00

Wash , Wax, Interior without shampoo

Car- $70.00

Truck , Van , SUV - $80.00

Polish - $20.00

Clay bar - $20.00

Glaze - $15.00

Shampoo- $30.00

There is a high end clientèle around southfloridatimmah will vouge for me on that here in south florida. It`s difficult around here so get business due to everyone has a detailer lol. So I keep my prices fair for now until clientèle builds up. And I don`t due chop work.

kaval
03-16-2008, 02:51 AM
My mobile services are on my site which is linked in my profile, but I am with Scott as well. I have raised my prices to get away from bargain hunters. Dealing with them can turn out costly if they have a job booked with you and then bail last minute. So far I`ve lost about 1500 alone in turning down clients who want me to price match or negotiate my prices. I just won`t do it.

I`ve worked out my mobile packages so that I make at least $150 each time I hop in my vehicle and drive to a client. My mobile services will range form $150 to $800. Factor in promotional discounts as well when you are setting your prices. Most of my clients won`t be paying $150 for my Mobile Protection Package if they utilize the discounts provided.