PDA

View Full Version : UDM vs. Meguiar`s G110

Pages : [1] 2

rebelde33
03-14-2008, 12:22 PM
I`m wanting to buy a machine but i`m in a bit of a dilemma. What`s the differences between the UDM and the G110? Which would you prefer and why?

CleanGSR
03-14-2008, 12:43 PM
I`ve not used either (PC user myself), but I`d choose the G110 if for nothing other than the handle design. It actually comes with a handle that makes sense and looks comfortable to use vs. the UDM using a PC styled handle. Power-wise, I think the G110 and UDM are the same.

RIDDLE
03-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I`ve not used either (PC user myself), but I`d choose the G110 if for nothing other than the handle design. It actually comes with a handle that makes sense and looks comfortable to use vs. the UDM using a PC styled handle. ive always wondered why they havent come out with a U shaped handle for the udm. i would buy one in a second

nonsensez9
03-14-2008, 02:42 PM
If I were to buy a machine this year I think I`d go FLEX. A PC takes forever to polish out a whole car. I understand that the Flex does it quicker. The drawback being that you can only use 6.5 inch pads.

BlackElantraGT
03-14-2008, 03:06 PM
If I had to pick between the 2 products listed, I would go for the UDM as you can find some really good deals on it at the moment. It was listed for $100 recently on AG I believe. Plus, DavidB, Lynn, and autopia-carcare.com crew will take care of you if a problem comes up.

The handle for the Meg`s machine looks nice, but whenever I use my PC I never use the included handle to begin with. It`s more comfortable to hold the machine by the head.

NSXTASY
03-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Why go flex when you can get a rotary (makita) and a UDM for the SAME price??

To the OP, I would go UDM between the 2. Great customer service, and if you look around, reasonable prices.

jfelbab
03-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Both the G110 and the UDM should give similar results. For me the tipping factors would be the soft touch coating and the "U" handle on the G110.

rebelde33
03-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know what the refurbished UDM comes with?

rebelde33
03-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Ok everyone I have decided to go with a refurbished UDM since it is at a very good price and comes with everything a new one does. My question is what pads should I use for it? I have Meguiar`s products and would like to use those but I don`t know how many or what kinds of pads to use.

Stanger'66
03-14-2008, 07:21 PM
I use LC CCS pads in 5.5" and 4" on my UDM. LC CCS pads and Menzerna polishes FTW.

imported_shine
03-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Lake Country CCS 5.5" pads seem to be a popular choice for UMD/PC users. I recently ordered some orange and white ones for polishing and blue for applying sealants/waxes. I`m a noob myself so I would see what others have to say.

rebelde33
03-14-2008, 07:55 PM
I guess LC pads it is! Where can I get some decently priced ones? I`ll only be detailing the family`s cars so they won`t be used too often so it would be pointless to buy one type of pad in a bundle. I`m thinking I`ll need around 3, 4 at the most.

jetset4me
03-14-2008, 07:59 PM
The Flex is worth the extra money. Long after the UDM dies the Flex will still be humming along. You pay the extra money now or pay inflated prices later IMO.:argue

Stanger'66
03-14-2008, 09:04 PM
I guess LC pads it is! Where can I get some decently priced ones? I`ll only be detailing the family`s cars so they won`t be used too often so it would be pointless to buy one type of pad in a bundle. I`m thinking I`ll need around 3, 4 at the most.

Autogeek sells LC pads at a reasonable price. They sell them in singles or packs of 3. I recommend the 3 packs. I didn`t think I needed many but I go through quite a few in a detail and have to wash in the middle which makes it a pain. 3 isn`t enough for me but it will probably be sufficient for you. I bought 3 black, white, and orange. This should cover you pretty well IMO. As for the flex, it is damn expensive and I can`t see how it is worth it personally. I`ll take a rotary and a UDM. A Makita and a UDM are the same price as the Flex alone and the Flex can`t handle all that a rotary can.

rebelde33
03-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Autogeek sells LC pads at a reasonable price. They sell them in singles or packs of 3. I recommend the 3 packs. I didn`t think I needed many but I go through quite a few in a detail and have to wash in the middle which makes it a pain. 3 isn`t enough for me but it will probably be sufficient for you. I bought 3 black, white, and orange. This should cover you pretty well IMO. As for the flex, it is damn expensive and I can`t see how it is worth it personally. I`ll take a rotary and a UDM. A Makita and a UDM are the same price as the Flex alone and the Flex can`t handle all that a rotary can.

Ok I will order some from Autogeek. Should I get the CCS pads or these:

5.5 inch Dual Action Pad Combo (http://www.autogeek.net/55induacpadc.html)

If I get a 3 pack of white, gray, and orange pads the total is about $44. If I get the ones above, which are 2 white and 2 orange, plus a single gray pad the total comes to around $23. Like I said, I doubt i`ll need a lot of pads but if the CSS pads are the same as the regular LC pads, I`ll might as well get the regular ones.