PDA

View Full Version : Help with interior windows.

mjpowers728
03-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey guys, I need your help on windows. I can`t seem to get the inside of the glass streak-free no matter what I try. I know someone`s going to say SEARCH, but there`s a catch...I have limited resources. At the dealership they only have so much different stuff to use and nothing works out good enough. I do however buy my own microfibers.

At my disposal is

-3M Glass Cleaner

-Motorcraft glass cleaner

-Walmart kitchen WW towels

-Vroom orange and gray towels

-Viking glass towels

Like I said, I buy my own towels so anything related would be okay, however I can`t afford to buy glass cleaners or other things that can`t be reused to supply a new car dealership.

Any help or tips would be great. Thanks guys!

BigJimZ28
03-13-2008, 07:20 PM
IPA & water mix

clean with newspaper

let dry 5 min. then buff with a clean cotton towel

it will cost next to nothing and works well

Way2SSlow
03-13-2008, 09:26 PM
I use Adam`s QD on my windows inside and out. Never had a problem, even with film tinted windows.

imported_Luster
03-14-2008, 09:12 PM
let dry 5 min. then buff with a clean cotton towel

That`s the trick. Always wait a few minutes after you wipe the windows, then buff. Works great.

Joseph K
03-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Use two mf glass towels when cleaning windows. When one gets too full, replace it with another. Spray with glass cleaner (I use invisible glass), wipe the large amount off with one towel, and use the other towel to buff off the little streaks that are left. No streaks on any windows I do, ever...

BlackElantraGT
03-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I use the 2 towel method. Cleaning towel is a glass mf towel that can be purchased in the same housewares section of Walmart where you would find the Mainstays mf waffle weave. It`s $3 for a 2 pack. Drying towel is a generic mf from Sam`s Club, Costco, etc.

jesselyons2002
03-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I know ZEP and Chemical Guys make glass cleaners that are good made for tinted windows and can be diluted

mhadden
03-15-2008, 07:30 PM
If you can get your hands on some Stoner`s Window Cleaner, you can just use MF`s and wipe for a streak free shine. But if you can`t, any of those sprays with some newspaper will work!

beachcities
03-15-2008, 07:36 PM
your problem is probably your towels. Keep the window towels seperate and do not use them on anything else as this will cause streaking. Most glass does not even need chmicals on it, a good microfiber towels will clean them perfectly strek free.

ALAN81
03-15-2008, 08:57 PM
surf city garage window cleaner the best I ever used

mjpowers728
03-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks for all the input. I managed to pick up a 2 dollar bug sponge. I got it wet then wringed it out. Used it to scrub the windows then dried with an orange vroom. It worked much better than before, but I`m going to take the advice here also. I have some gray vroom towels to buff after the window dries out.

Thanks again guys!

BigAl3
03-15-2008, 11:13 PM
like the others said, use 2 mf towels (i prefer edgeless for windows) and make sure to turn the towels frequently. some use one side of the mf towel too many times and the towel gets saturated and leads to streaking...