PDA

View Full Version : waxing...

jang859
03-13-2008, 06:46 PM
For one, can i wax the windows? I want the rain x effect on them, will I get it? is it safe/recommended to wax the windows?

secondly, i puffed out most of it but there is a slight haze still on many panels. i started buffing it all the way out in some places but then i remembered i thought i`d heard not to buff too much and some of that may turn transparent in a day. is that true, or should i buff the rest out tomarrow?

imported_hockeyplaya13
03-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I wax the windows with collinite 845 or use a sealant. Duragloss AW is highly recommended for windows around here.

Way2SSlow
03-13-2008, 09:23 PM
I use OCW, but you should be able to use whatever you use on the paint.

imported_detailjohn
03-13-2008, 09:24 PM
I would just stick with Aquapel if I were you. Works great, and easy to apply.

John

BigJimZ28
03-13-2008, 09:30 PM
I would just stick with Aquapel if I were you. Works great, and easy to apply.

John

lot of stuff works great

and most are easier and cheaper then Aquapel

JasonLI18T
03-13-2008, 10:08 PM
could some KSG be used on the windows?

phamkl
03-13-2008, 10:13 PM
...or even 476S?

Btw, I would buff off all the excess smeariness. I haven`t experienced the "smear" ever disappearing the day after. Try wiping off with some quick detailer.

BigAl3
03-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Duragloss AW is highly recommended for windows around here.

that`s what i use...

imported_DieselMDX
03-13-2008, 10:39 PM
i use aquawax but after seeing VXRmarcs vid on aquapel i want it

Accumulator
03-14-2008, 11:32 AM
.. puffed out most of it but there is a slight haze still on many panels. i started buffing it all the way out in some places but then i remembered i thought i`d heard not to buff too much and some of that may turn transparent in a day. is that true, or should i buff the rest out tomarrow?

Sorry, I`m not following you here :confused: Is the haze residual marring in the paint or residual wax that didn`t get buffed off completely?

With the exception of some "special" (not to say "weird" ;) ) waxes, I`d get waxes buffed off as soon as they`ve dried rather than waiting overnight. Most problems with wax buff-off seem to come from applying too much wax; most people can`t imagine how little it actually takes.

Oh, and regarding LSPing windows, if you use an alcohol-based (or otherwise potent) glass cleaner on them, it`s gonna compromise/strip that LSP. I clean my windows so often that there`s no point in LSPing them, it`d be cleaned off in no time.