PDA

View Full Version : FK 215 or FK 2180 to clean/prep - advice

Fallz
03-13-2008, 02:21 PM
I have my truck done with DG stuff and am going to strip ( to an extent ) and clean the paint and play with my FK stuff.

#215 is an AIO cleaner / polish / sealant

#2180 say`s it removes surface accumulation and oxidation which I thing would also remove all my DG 105 & 111

What do you think with strip off as much of the DG stuff as possible.

Im plan on going with Megs 21 or 1000P as a LSP

Bence , where are you when I need you .....lol

imported_Gears
03-13-2008, 03:35 PM
I like 215. It has chemical cleaners and more important for me actual micro polishes. Used with my PC it can remove micro marring, so it would most likely remove the DG.

I`ve topped my 215 with 1000p or pink wax depending on whether I was looking for protection for the wet look.

Last time I saw Bence he was going at it with a foamer. :lol

steelwind101
03-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Hello!

As far as i know 2180 doesnt clean anymore then it has gentle cleaners to help seat itself.

I use CG EZ Glaze underneath and you can tell a difference to when i had not used it there so im thinking it doesnt clean that much. I know what it says on the bottle but its on an AIO.

Also 2180, atleast for me had weird habits, not all that dense beading and did not sheet all that well either. However it passed the squeak test for well over 10 weeks before i topped with Pink wax, who wouldent!

Geoff

Fallz
03-13-2008, 03:45 PM
I like 215. It has chemical cleaners and more important for me actual micro polishes. Used with my PC it can remove micro marring, so it would most likely remove the DG.

I`ve topped my 215 with 1000p or pink wax depending on whether I was looking for protection for the wet look.

I just got done with 215 , so now I`ll decide on a topper. 1000P to me always looks like your adding a coat of clear to your car , real thick clear look.

My truck is medium metallic gray.

Decided to skip the 2180 since I`ve not had the luck in the past that I had with the 215.

steelwind101
03-13-2008, 03:47 PM

HEHE! Im gathing info on what pads people use with the FK range, wht did you use and what speeds? Just worked until the it dried or does it "melt" in to the paint and leave little residual.

Thanks

Geoff

imported_Gears
03-13-2008, 04:05 PM
I`m still using Propel Pads and use the green pad at speed 4 to 5 on my PC.

Works just like a polish for me, a quick wipe with a mf and I`m done.

imported_Bence
03-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Fallguy, you were quick! I`d have recommended the 215 too.

Gears, sorry for the late reply, but I got stuck in my boots... Even when I shot foam into them... :D:D:D

Fallz
03-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Fallguy, you were quick! I`d have recommended the 215 too.

Gears, sorry for the late reply, but I got stuck in my boots... Even when I shot foam into them... :D:D:D

The 215 came out great all by its self.

Then I did Megs 21 x2 and hit it with AW. Looks pretty sweeeeet , but naturally want to try something else since I`m never satisfied. The thing I do like about the M21 is that its so easy to work with on with the pc / off by hand so easy. I do notice that the oils in the megs 21 seem to diminish , so I hit it with some AW and it did make quite a difference in gloss/pop.

I`ve been using DG stuff exclusively for the most part , and I must admit even though the procedure I have on now looks so sweet and has a warm look to it , I do miss the crisp , stunning reflection of the DG 111.