PDA

View Full Version : Help review my order/shopping cart

Pages : [1] 2

MoreBoostPlease
03-13-2008, 10:40 AM
I am by no means a professional,..I simply enjoy taking care of my own vehicles as well as family/friends(in hopes of a cash tip..haha). I`ve tried the Zaino route but am looking to switch things up a little. The site I`m ordering from(because I have a 10% off + free shipping coupon) carries Menzerna, PoorBoys, Optimum, and Clearkote.

Here`s what`s in my cart so far for paint correction/protection, except for the usual Car wash/interior protectant/etc:

CK Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze

CK Red Moose Machine Glaze (I`ll probably mix some to create a "Pink" glaze for dark color cars)

CK Carnauba Moose Wax

PB Spray & Gloss

PB SSR1

PB SSR2.5

Optimum Poli-Seal (for the cars that don`t get the glaze/nuba)

Optimum Spray Wax (to top the PoliSeal)

What else should I throw in there to have a well rounded supply for any color vehicle that doesn`t need a huge amount of paint correction? Should I include a better/different polish/compound?

Thanks for any help!!

MoreBoostPlease
03-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Any help????

stigg
03-14-2008, 10:02 AM
I was looking at much of the same. I drive a white BMW with a hard clear coat. I decided on the Mernezna SIP and the 106FF polishes instead of the Poorboys. They were my second choice though. (I did settle on Poorboys Bug Squash, Trim Restore, Tire Wax.

I was going to stick with the Velvet Moose and go with an S100 Carnuba (same stuff as P21s Concours but half the price) if I ever wanted to go for a show room shine wax route.

Otherwise, the Optimum Poly-seal and Car Wax should be a great way to go for day-to-day durability. You might want to pick up some Optimum Rinsless Wash and the new Quick detail spray too. Those seem to be two of the more popular Optimum products.

MoreBoostPlease
03-14-2008, 10:09 AM
I prefer to stick with regular soap and water washes.

I still have this feeling that I`m not buying the correct products. I guess that`s my OCD kicking in. Before the day is over I`ll probably have $500 of products in my cart...lol.

Autopia-member
03-14-2008, 02:15 PM
My 07 Corvette has a very hard clear so I polish with Menzerna MIP and then follow up with Zaino Z-PC Fusion. I could probably switch to SIP because of this clearcoat.

I also recommend Optimum`s No Rinse and new Instant Detailer. I`ve been a fan of ONR for quite a while but their new OID is simply outstanding.

My LSP of choice is Rejex but I`ve also used Zaino with good results. I prefer the synthetics to carnauba based products.

MoreBoostPlease
03-14-2008, 03:15 PM
I`ve always loved my Zaino products,..but I think I`d like to try something different for the spring & summer.

Maybe I won`t get the SSR1 since I have Z-PC. I`ll just pick up SSR2.5 to take care of more serious swirls.

Legacy
03-14-2008, 03:23 PM
I would go with Menzerna`s SIP and 106ff instead of Poor Boy.

MoreBoostPlease
03-14-2008, 03:23 PM
I would go with Menzerna`s SIP and 106ff instead of Poor Boy.

Any reason why? Just curious.

Legacy
03-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Any reason why? Just curious.

Finishes down better with less dusting. 106ff will finish down lsp ready.

MoreBoostPlease
03-14-2008, 03:27 PM
I thought SSR2.5 can finish down lsp ready.

stigg
03-14-2008, 03:27 PM
My reasoning for wanting at least a small bottle of the rinseless wash was simply for wiping up bird packages that were left on the hood. Regular washes usually need to be rinsed. With the ONR I can have some in the car with the knowledge that many people on the board have used it to lift off everything including road grime without scratching the paint. It seems to be able to encrust the grit in a nice slick coat and lift it off.

I`m sure QDs are great for adding shine but removing grit is something else.

Legacy
03-14-2008, 03:30 PM
I thought SSR2.5 can finish down lsp ready.

2.5 is pretty aggressive, I don`t think it can compare to 106ff as far as final polish.

MoreBoostPlease
03-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I could always follow the 2.5 with either ssr1 or z-pc.

I`d especially not like to spen the $50 per bottle on Menz.

stigg
03-14-2008, 03:43 PM

I`d especially not like to spen the $50 per bottle on Menz.

Nothing wrong with this reasoning. I like to save my cash and PoorBoys would be my next choice. You should be ok if you have a Zaino finishing polish. It really depends on how hard your paint is.

Legacy
03-14-2008, 03:43 PM

I`d especially not like to spen the $50 per bottle on Menz. Yes you can, but why go to the trouble using a two step process. I can`t remember what site, but they were selling menzerna in 8oz. bottles. Maybe someone will chime in.