PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning white vinyl...

Furyous
03-12-2008, 11:56 PM
I have a detailing business in Santiago, Chile. I`m working with Meguiars, and I`m pretty new to interior detailing...

Anyway, I have a customer who brought in a boat. The vinyl seats used to be white! They are now brown..ish... I used Meguiars Quick Interior detailer to try to get the stains out, but to no avail. :hairpull I`m in need of some advice. Does anyone know of any other way to clean white vinyl? I talked to a friend of mine here who cleans interiors at dealerships, and I have a meeting with him first thing in the morning to see what we can do. One major disadvantage that I have here in Chile is I can`t "run down to the parts store" and pick up any old product. Are there any household cleaners I could use? We do have eco-lab here, but that`s as good as it gets, and we do not yet have Meguiars professional line, so that`s not an option.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I will try to snap a couple of shots of the interior in question so you can see for yourself what it is I`m working with...

salty
03-13-2008, 02:23 AM
Pics would help. Sometimes they are beyond help.

I posted in the moldy seat thread that someone in a marine forum said bleach will not harm vinyl, but will harm the thread. Try at your own risk.

Re upholstery or dye. If the seats remove the dye solution might be easy.

imported_smprince1
03-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Try a good APC and a soft tipped nylon brush.

Megs #39 is decent on vinyl too.

Furyous
03-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the advice fellas... I met with my friend and we did everything we could... Nothing is going to bring this vinyl back. So... I called another friend here in town who is going to dye the vinyl tomorrow. We`re going to do a test section and ask for my client`s approval. I`ll still follow up with the pics so you can see what we were looking at. Sorry I didn`t get them up. I had an extremely busy day today...

DETAILKING
03-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Dying is probably your best bet. I have had good results with 303 upolstery cleaner or carpet cleaner on vinyl.