PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Chile

Furyous
03-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Hi,

My name`s John Jutzy. I`ve been lurking around here for a while, and decided to finally join up. I`m really enjoying this site. I was born in Loma Linda, California, and moved to Boise, Idaho when I was 10. Now I`m living in Santiago, Chile working with Meguiars here in Santiago. I`m pretty excited about our business and I hope to learn how to improve my business here. Currently we are using mostly Meguiars OTC products, as we have only been in the market for a year and are not allowed to start using the professional line. I`m frustrated by this, but I`m still getting decent results. Obviously I`m having to improvise with some other products to polish etc, but my customers are blown away by what we can do with a good product. There is NO competition here...

I am also using a paint touch up system I bought from Auto Smith that my customers have come to depend on. Our other (newest) service is headlight polishing, and that`s turning out to be great business as well.

I am mostly self taught, as I came down here to sell my paint touch up system, and found out that the damages in cars was far different in Santiago, Chile than it was in Boise, Idaho. The majority of our paint damage is in the form of scratches, and we see very few paint chips. People just don`t drive outside of the city that much down here...

So, due to customer demand, I had to learn how to polish cars, and now they`re going crazy for our services. Until now, the majority of my customers were large dealerships, but we are now working out of a garage and starting to serve more private clients. Again, I`m looking forward to improving our service and learning all I can to improve the quality of our workmanship and I`m excited I found this site.

See you all around...

Jscort98
03-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Welcome to autopia. I`m glad your business is doing well. This is the place to be to learn more about detailing.