PDA

View Full Version : Is a grout sponge just for onr?

Pages : [1] 2

Jscort98
03-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Everyone is raving about them for ONR so I was wondering if I could use them for a traditional wash with megs gold class? Im using a wool mit but the fibers are coming out and it is getting knotted up so i`m looking to try something different.

Legacy
03-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Everyone is raving about them for ONR so I was wondering if I could use them for a traditional wash with megs gold class? Im using a wool mit but the fibers are coming out and it is getting knotted up so i`m looking to try something different.It will work just fine with mgc.

Jscort98
03-12-2008, 03:41 PM
wow, only took three minutes for a response. thanks.

twitch
03-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Prepare yourself for SUDS. When you squeeze the sponge it`s a suds creating machine!

I like using the grout sponge for traditional washes. However, I am still uncertain if I like it or not for ONR.

BigAl3
03-12-2008, 04:07 PM
so I was wondering if I could use them for a traditional wash with megs gold class?

absolutely! get the lowes GS it`s only $2...

Jscort98
03-12-2008, 04:10 PM
absolutely! get the lowes GS it`s only $2...

i can get four for the price of that crappy wool mitt i have now.

BigAl3
03-12-2008, 04:15 PM
i can get four for the price of that crappy wool mitt i have now.

exactly, LOL... :) http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/101657-better-grout-sponge.html?highlight=sponge

SYDWAZ
03-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Everyone is raving about them for ONR so I was wondering if I could use them for a traditional wash with megs gold class? Im using a wool mit but the fibers are coming out and it is getting knotted up so i`m looking to try something different.

This is the main reason I switched to the GS sponge from Lowes. It doesn`t leave fibers.:spot

jb1
03-12-2008, 06:38 PM
So the ProLine GS gets the thumbs up for use with my foamgun? I do a presoak, then rinse, then I flood each panel as I wash it. I wouldn`t say I`ve had any problems with the wool mitt but every now and then I`ll see fibers caught on some emblem. Now is the part where you guys encourage me to give it a try and you tell me that it`s way better than a wool mitt...........................

BigAl3
03-12-2008, 06:42 PM
So the ProLine GS gets the thumbs up for use with my foamgun? I do a presoak, then rinse, then I flood each panel as I wash it. I wouldn`t say I`ve had any problems with the wool mitt but every now and then I`ll see fibers caught on some emblem. Now is the part where you guys encourage me to give it a try and you tell me that it`s way better than a wool mitt...........................

the lowes GS is very soft and is maneuverable (easier to handle than a wash mitt) and also gets into tight spots, and it rinses cleaner than most other wash media. pick one up, and if you don`t like it you can use it for wheels, etc. it`s a whopping $2 LOL...

sspeer
03-12-2008, 07:37 PM
I just went out and got the Lowe`s sponge..but I got the easy grip version..looked like exactly the same foam, but was 60 cents cheaper (and I think it`s a little smaller)..

I just used it with GC and it worked great...bettter than the MF mitt I was using

jb1
03-12-2008, 08:23 PM
the lowes GS is very soft and is maneuverable (easier to handle than a wash mitt) and also gets into tight spots, and it rinses cleaner than most other wash media. pick one up, and if you don`t like it you can use it for wheels, etc. it`s a whopping $2 LOL...

Thanks BigAl3,

I`m glad all of you were the test subject for this sponge. I`ve been very careful since the dealer prepped my car full of scratches at no extra charge. :bigups I like the wool but I`ve often wondered if dirt gets trapped down in the fibers even though I blast it with the hose after each panel. Thanks again for the advice!

ej8tunerman
03-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I tried the pro-line grout sponge on my fender of my civic today while doing an ONR wash. The car only had dust on it because it hadnt been driven since I last washed it a few days ago. I dipped the sponge in the ONR bucket and made sure it was completely full of ONR solution and lightly proceeded to wash the fender. I then blot dried the the fender and what do ya know? Straight line marring from grout sponge everywhere. Definately won`t be using the pro-line GS for ONR washes.

BigAl3
03-12-2008, 11:06 PM
I tried the pro-line grout sponge on my fender of my civic today while doing an ONR wash. The car only had dust on it because it hadnt been driven since I last washed it a few days ago. I dipped the sponge in the ONR bucket and made sure it was completely full of ONR solution and lightly proceeded to wash the fender. I then blot dried the the fender and what do ya know? Straight line marring from grout sponge everywhere. Definately won`t be using the pro-line GS for ONR washes.

sometimes experiences differ from person to person, sorry yours was a bad one. try using a pre-wash sprayer next time. here`s a good example... AcuraZine Community - Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine - Review With Pics (http://www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384012)

ej8tunerman
03-13-2008, 01:13 AM
I actually have a 1 gallon pesticide sprayer that I typically use, even if the car is slightly dirty; because of the fact that it was never driven, it was just slightly dusty, and I didnt use a pre-soak, nor did I feel there was a reason to. I do however know that the Pro-line GS is most definately the softest GS I have came across and is the ONLY GS out of the three I own that I even took a chance on with my car. I will be trying it with a conventional wash sooner or later on a vehicle other than mine. I was hoping that it would be replacing my sheepskin mitt, but I don`t foresee that happening.