PDA

View Full Version : extractor attachment for wetvac

tnurba
03-12-2008, 08:46 AM
I have been reading a lot on this forum about extractors vs wetvac vs lgcm.

Then the other day I stumbled upon a youtube video about a little device that attaches to your wetvac that has a sprayer/extractor you hook to your hose and it is suppose to make your wetvac operate like an extractor.

Has anyone used such a device? if so how well do they work?

if you search youtube for "greenhead clean" you will see the video I am talking about.

Accumulator
03-12-2008, 01:13 PM
tnurba- Welcome to Autopia!

I have an attachment like that from Sears (pn 113.169270, it might be discontinued). It worked pretty well until some part broke (sorry forget what it was, this was a while ago). It wasn`t as good as my Century/Ninja extractor, but compared to my Bissell units it was better in some ways, not as good in others; overall I *would* recommend it.

salty
03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Duct tape and a one gallon sprayer.

Shop Vac did sell a faucet hookup with a hand detail tool, years ago.

tnurba
03-12-2008, 03:25 PM
thanks for the info

chips-b-gone
03-12-2008, 05:07 PM
tnurba- Welcome to Autopia!

I have an attachment like that from Sears (pn 113.169270, it might be discontinued). It worked pretty well until some part broke (sorry forget what it was, this was a while ago). It wasn`t as good as my Century/Ninja extractor, but compared to my Bissell units it was better in some ways, not as good in others; overall I *would* recommend it.

They still list it on Parts.com if you do a lookup by model. Does it hookup to a garden hose or what???

jordanrossbell
03-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah i am curious to know how it works as well...i guess take the filter out as you would if you wanted more suction if wet vac (ing)...?

Accumulator
03-13-2008, 11:15 AM
They still list it on Parts.com if you do a lookup by model. Does it hookup to a garden hose or what???

Ah, thanks for that. I might check that out as my notes say I need the hose w/fittings and I do have its PN. I don`t use it since I got my extractor, but I`d still like to have it all complete and serviceable.

For the water supply, it hooks up to most any type of spigot/sillcock. There are adaptors for faucets and, IIRC, one for a garden hose too (if not it`d be easy to find an adaptor for that).

Yeah, you take the filter out, and use it like a wet vac. There`s a trigger that controls the water/shampoo spray and it mixes shampoo via a siphon-feed arrangement. It`s easy to switch to a clear-water-rinse by just pulling the siphon hose out of the shampoo bottle, and that`s a great feature.