PDA

View Full Version : Optimum ID cause hazing?

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_gxlex
03-10-2008, 08:30 PM
what am I doing wrong here? Diluted 1 concentrate to 3 parts water as directed but its just not working out for me. OID and wipe off with MF and all I see are streak of hazing film all over. I don`t know if Menzerna sealing wax , on the car, that is causing the problem. However if I use FK425 or Poorboys SG there`re no streak.

Chris@Optimum
03-10-2008, 10:02 PM
I have had NO streaking and I`ve actually not even tried my OCW 2.0 yet b/c I`m lovin the OID. Have you tried it on another car with same results? Did you mix in a contaminated container? Did you use tap water? If you can`t figure it out, there`s an "Ask Dr. G" section in the Optimum forum, or PM me and I`ll get you in touch with him; he helped me through and issue I had with Opti-bond when I first got it.

imported_gxlex
03-10-2008, 10:40 PM
I mixd in a new bottle sprayer with tap water. Do you think that could be the problem?

imported_gxlex
03-10-2008, 10:45 PM
I also used on another car with the same result...streakin/hazing film.

buja
03-10-2008, 10:48 PM
i will be mixing mine with distilled water when its my turn

Scottwax
03-10-2008, 10:49 PM
:nixweiss I have had no problems with streaking. How long ago did you wax? Did you wash the car first? Perhaps it was under a tree and there is sap on it?

Chris@Optimum
03-10-2008, 10:50 PM
I mixd in a new bottle sprayer with tap water. Do you think that could be the problem?

Hard to say, but I mixed all 32oz. with Distilled Water into a new gallon jug. There may have been some settling in the original bottle if you didn`t shake it up well before mixing your sprayer. Since I mixed a whole gallon and you only mixed up a small bottle, this is pure speculation, but worth looking into. I don`t know how necessary it is to us filtered or distilled water, but I always do cause I noticed better performance from all my chemicals with it; from wheel cleaner to QD- it just works better for me than tap.

Chris@Optimum
03-10-2008, 10:54 PM
BTW: I know the new OCW separates when stored and it has some of the same ingredients so you may not have shaken it enough?

imported_gxlex
03-10-2008, 10:57 PM
:nixweiss I have had no problems with streaking. How long ago did you wax? Did you wash the car first? Perhaps it was under a tree and there is sap on it?

I used Menzerna 106ff and top it off with Sealing Wax last weekend and the car been setting in garage ever since.

imported_gxlex
03-10-2008, 11:00 PM
integritydetail...I will mix a new batch with distilled water and see what happen. I really like the slickness on OID but the streaking suck.

NSXTASY
03-10-2008, 11:10 PM
When you say 3:1, you added 96 oz of water correct? Tap water could be the issue, maybe. I usually use distilled when diluting.

Scottwax
03-11-2008, 10:38 AM
I used Menzerna 106ff and top it off with Sealing Wax last weekend and the car been setting in garage ever since.

Did you wash it yet? I find that I occasionally have issues with QDs using them over freshly waxed paint if I haven`t washed it yet. As some waxes cure, or if applied too thick, the oils seem to rise to the surface and just using a QD smears them around. Same issues when applying another coat of wax without washing.

imported_gxlex
03-11-2008, 11:31 AM
I think it could be tap water that`s causing streak. I wash my other car and use OID after drying off and streak/hazing is still visible. I will try it out with distilled water and see.

imported_gxlex
03-13-2008, 07:27 PM
update: mix a new bottle of OID with distilled water and it work like a charm no streak or haze. Thanks guys for all your help.

Legacy
03-13-2008, 07:45 PM
update: mix a new bottle of OID with distilled water and it work like a charm no streak or haze. Thanks guys for all your help.Wow, I wouln`t drink that tap water or your organs may streak. LOL Glad you got your problem solved.