PDA

View Full Version : My first offering

Jean-Claude
03-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi there fellas. I have been lurking for about a week. I just started my own mobile detail business. I have been detailing friends and families(and my own) cars for about 4/5 years.

What I would like to throw out there is my experience today. I`ve been working at making contacts/business for a week now. I have done fairly well considering how soon into it all I am. Today, I decided to do some cold-calling on a business park nearby. I spent a little over a hour at it this afternoon, after a client canceled last minute. I figured what better to do than work on new customers.

After it was all said and done. I had 4 people telling me I would get a call in the few days for work and MANY very positive calls that I feel good about. I made sure not to go inside any businesses that had a "NO SOLICITORS" sign. No matter how brief my presentation or the no-pressure style of my call, it doesn`t make people happy and I don`t want that image.

I am sure many here are still in the beginning phase of their business venture and I just wanted to offer some help with hustling up some business.

*It helps if you can speak well and identify the ques for when you need to be VERY brief or if you can stay and chat a little. Don`t be scared, be confidant in what you have to offer. :2thumbs:

AppliedColors
03-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Hi there fellas. I have been lurking for about a week. I just started my own mobile detail business. I have been detailing friends and families(and my own) cars for about 4/5 years.

What I would like to throw out there is my experience today. I`ve been working at making contacts/business for a week now. I have done fairly well considering how soon into it all I am. Today, I decided to do some cold-calling on a business park nearby. I spent a little over a hour at it this afternoon, after a client canceled last minute. I figured what better to do than work on new customers.

After it was all said and done. I had 4 people telling me I would get a call in the few days for work and MANY very positive calls that I feel good about. I made sure not to go inside any businesses that had a "NO SOLICITORS" sign. No matter how brief my presentation or the no-pressure style of my call, it doesn`t make people happy and I don`t want that image.

I am sure many here are still in the beginning phase of their business venture and I just wanted to offer some help with hustling up some business.

*It helps if you can speak well and identify the ques for when you need to be VERY brief or if you can stay and chat a little. Don`t be scared, be confidant in what you have to offer. :2thumbs:

Congratulations on having the confidence to sell yourself IN PERSON.

If you`re clean cut, wear a uniform, and speak well (ie, most of us here), you`ve separated yourself from 85% of your fellow detailers.

Having a professional appearance is a tool in your marketing arsenal. Use it! Get as much face time with dealers, repair shops, car clubs, neighbors, friends, and family as possible.