PDA

View Full Version : Opti Seal Question.....

mose
03-10-2008, 04:47 PM
I did a Maxima about a month ago. Topped it with OS and it looked great as the customer drove off!! I got the car back for a follow up wash and AW over the weekend and noticed, when I washed it, that there was NO bedding at all. He said that he hadn`t washed it since I detailed it which makes me question OS`s durability.

I know that Scottwax used it a lot but I think it`s on cars that he does all the time. Can anyone else chime in on how long they are getting out of OS?

Thanks!!

Old Pirate
03-10-2008, 05:13 PM
What wash (soap) did you use?

mose
03-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Duragloss........It shouldn`t have removed it......Even when I initially hosed the car down, pre-wash, it wasn`t beading.......

a.k.a. Patrick
03-10-2008, 05:39 PM
I wonder if there were bonding issues with whatever you prepp`d with?

mose
03-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Menz IP and KAIO then I wiped it down with IPA

BlackElantraGT
03-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I wonder if there were bonding issues with whatever you prepp`d with?

That`s what I`m thinking also.

As a test, I applied 2 coats to my father-in-law`s car that`s nowhere near Autopian level (no polishing, no claying, just a paint-cleansing wash with CG`s Citrus Wash n` Gloss) and it lasted a little over 5 months without any other toppers added to it the whole time. I tried to wash it once a week, where a couple of times I had to wait 1.5 to 2 weeks before I could wash it. The beading and sheeting really did not change much at all throughout that time until the wash after the SoCal firestorms, which was when I noticed the protection had dramatically decreased and at that point I just gave it a good wash and applied AW.