PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Single Stage White

tomstin
03-10-2008, 08:55 AM
My son`s honda, single stage white, this car is outside 24x7 and I only get my hands on it 3 or 4 times a year (college student). I`ve tried a lot (M21, EX-P, Collinite 476s, FMJ, Wolfgang, PolySeal - OptiSeal) and nothing seems to keep the dirt out of the paint. Whenever I get a chance to clean it up, I have to spend a lot of time with cleaners to get the paint decent before LSP.

Way2SSlow
03-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Is the car getting any kind of semi regular washes? I`m not sure if there is a sealant out there that can keep the dirt from accumulating. I`d probably layer some 476S, Klasse SG or some Zaino or any other durable product and tell him to try his best to wash the car or have the car washed.

I know that`s not all that helpful, but I think not being washed for a few months will take a toll on any sealant you put on it.

Accumulator
03-10-2008, 11:40 AM
That`s what I think too :xyxthumbs Without regular thorough cleaning it`s simply not gonna stay uncontaminated; after a while conataminants compromise any LSP and you get what you`re dealing with now.

In this case I might go for multiple layers of KSG, but I`d still expect a major job during those infrequent full details.