PDA

View Full Version : pure polish

Pages : [1] 2

pampos
03-09-2008, 10:53 PM
does the "pure polish" products remove any paint or clearcoat or they just shine the paint??i am really confused with all that kind of polishes :confused:

fergnation
03-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Nope. They just help with the gloss and some depth. Pure polishes can not correct.

pampos
03-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks.Any pure polishes that you can suggest me for a nighthawk black pearl Honda?I am looking for the deepest and wetter possible shine.

kenleekenlee
03-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Uhh... products that are "pure polishes" simply have no fillers like wax or oils. They can be abrasive and they can correct flaws. The Menzerna products (see: Intensive Polish) are "pure polishes" and are a good example of a "pure polish" that has corrective ability.

pampos
03-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Any non abrasive polishes??

kh765
03-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Sounds like you are looking for a glaze...

pampos
03-10-2008, 12:44 AM
no glazes.I just wondering what is the difference of pure polish compare with other and if they are just give shine to the car buffing it or if they are removing any paint or clearcoat.

phamkl
03-10-2008, 12:57 AM
As far as I know, "pure polish" was a term coined by Meguiar`s?

They`re the only company I know of that uses the term "pure polish" to describe their products. In Meguiar`s terminology, "pure polish" refers to what most know as a "glaze" which has no or negligible correcting abilities and only serves to deepen or wet the shine.

jshillin
03-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Other company`s have pure polishes as well.

It seems that most pure polishes are a glaze with cleaning abilities.

Danase has a pure polish, but I haven`t used it before.

Danase Pure Polish (http://www.danase.com/dapupo.html)

BobD
03-10-2008, 07:44 AM
I can`t speak for other brands but I can for our Pure Polish. It contains no ABRASIVES. However, it will correct. It uses chemical cleaners to remove items like oxidation but is also a great polish for removing swirls, especially in rock hard paint. I use it a lot with my high speed on GM and other hard paints. You`ll be surprised how good a pure polish will correct. Also it is awesome for getting scratches out of plastic. I use it to restore headlights all of the time. I also use it to get the scrathces out of my cell phone all of the time.

jshillin
03-10-2008, 08:46 AM
I can`t speak for other brands but I can for our Pure Polish. It contains no ABRASIVES. However, it will correct. It uses chemical cleaners to remove items like oxidation but is also a great polish for removing swirls, especially in rock hard paint. I use it a lot with my high speed on GM and other hard paints. You`ll be surprised how good a pure polish will correct. Also it is awesome for getting scratches out of plastic. I use it to restore headlights all of the time. I also use it to get the scrathces out of my cell phone all of the time.

I`ve been wanting to try your pure polish for a while now. I`ll have to order some soon.

stigg
03-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Pure polish seems kinda like a unicorn. How can you polish something without an abrasive property. Whats the difference between pure polish and a glaze?

jshillin
03-10-2008, 08:59 AM
How can you polish something without an abrasive property.

The pad does the cutting... The chemicals can cut through oxidation, but the pad would have to cut through the clear to correct swirls..

BobD
03-10-2008, 10:20 AM
The pad does the cutting... The chemicals can cut through oxidation, but the pad would have to cut through the clear to correct swirls..

Correct.

A glaze has no cleaners in it and usually has some filling properties. A Pure Polish has chemical cleaners and can be used to polish.

JustinDetail
03-10-2008, 10:55 AM
no glazes.I just wondering what is the difference of pure polish compare with other and if they are just give shine to the car buffing it or if they are removing any paint or clearcoat.

I assume you mean like a danase pure polish or a pb`s pro polish? Those type of "pure polishes" are more chemical paint cleaners, they don`t have abrasives.

You have:

-Chemical polishes, Klasse AIO, Danase pp, pb`s pro polish, etc

-Abrasive polishes (all different types, Meg`s, Menz, etc)

-Some I believe do both, meaning they chemically `clean` the paint and also have light abrasives.

-then you have a glaze, where most don`t have strong chemical cleaners, they are just gloss enhancers.