PDA

View Full Version : how effective is the 2 bucket wash with grit guards?

Pages : [1] 2

sahiwal007
03-09-2008, 10:48 PM
hey,

just to clear things up, i am about to purchase the grit guard 2 bucket package, and was wondering how effective is it? 2 buckets with two grit guards?

thanks

CptMidway
03-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I was under the impression that if you had a grit guard you didn`t need 2 buckets...

imported_DieselMDX
03-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I just use one in my rinse bucket

Setec Astronomy
03-09-2008, 11:04 PM
I was under the impression that if you had a grit guard you didn`t need 2 buckets...

Well, you don`t NEED two buckets grit guard or not. However, if it was me, I would use two buckets AND a grit guard.

sahiwal007
03-09-2008, 11:15 PM
how come no grit guard in soap bucket?

imported_themightytimmah
03-09-2008, 11:17 PM
It`s fairly effective, but if swirl-free washing is your goal, a foam gun will make a huge improvement for only 50 bucks or so.

RIDDLE
03-09-2008, 11:38 PM
if anything, at least use 2 buckets. i am always in shock at how black the rinse bucket is.

Chris@Optimum
03-10-2008, 12:26 AM
It`s fairly effective, but if swirl-free washing is your goal, a foam gun will make a huge improvement for only 50 bucks or so.

+1^ for a conventional wash

Mark77
03-10-2008, 12:31 AM
This is why I rinse my mitt with the hose, not in a bucket. Never seen the point of a grit guard, dirt can float just as well as sink to the bottom. But most important is to get rid of as much dirt as possible before even touching the paint.

jesselyons2002
03-10-2008, 01:25 AM
I use two buckets and two grit guard. You differently see dirt in the bottom and how good it release the dirt on the mitt fast. Also I do see alittle on my soap even if I clean the mitt well in the rinse bucket and strain it out into the floor and then go to the soap bucket with its grit guard.

MSIGuy
03-10-2008, 03:13 AM
This is why I rinse my mitt with the hose, not in a bucket. Never seen the point of a grit guard, dirt can float just as well as sink to the bottom. But most important is to get rid of as much dirt as possible before even touching the paint.

Well, you go through a lot more water that way.

Bert
03-10-2008, 09:19 AM
how come no grit guard in soap bucket?

You can use one but hopefully you have removed all the debris from the mitt from scrubbing it on the grit guard in the rinse bucket.

Accumulator
03-10-2008, 12:07 PM

And you won`t need a grit guard as there won`t be an appreciable amount of dirt in the rinse bucket any how ;) Yeah, yeah, OK..going on about foamguns is taking this off-topic :o But when I read about how dirty people`s rinse buckets get I sure am glad I don`t have to deal with that.

IF you`re not gonna use a foamgun, then using two buckets is better than using one; and using a grit guard is better than not using one, and using *two* grit guards is probably better than using just one. But I dunno where you reach the point of diminishing returns :nixweiss But if watching the cost, I`d rather buy additional mitts than a second grit guard (or apply the $ towards that foamgun ;) ).

orionredwing
03-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I just tried the grit guard recently, and bought a 2nd bucket to go with it. I have the grit guard in my rinse bucket. Before this, i would just spray the mitt down w/ a hose b4 re-dunking into the shampoo bucket.

To compare, I did the usual spray down before dunking into the rinse bucket w/ grit guard. Even though i only washed my car 2 wks prior, i was surprised at how dirty the rinse bucket became. It showed that my simple spray down before wasn`t good enough. This was on the mitt I used for the top portion of my car. I have separate mitt for the side skirts, and a 3rd mitt for my wheels.

So, I really like it, and am enthusiastic in wiping my mitt against the grit guard now :) Plus it was kinda cool to see how clean the shampoo bucket was.

metal
03-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Well, you go through a lot more water that way.

Probably less than filling up a whole other bucket to use for rinsing. I use the hose to clean my mitt as well.