PDA

View Full Version : Quick Help Please!!!

Beemerboy
07-25-2005, 11:00 AM
I was cleaning a Volvo rag top over the weekend, I will have pics to post later once they are uploaded...........Anywho I was trying to move the sunvisor out from the inside towards the top of the window......guess what they don`t do that.......problem is that I need glasses to read so things that are that close at times I cannot see real well..................Guess what? I snapped it off the car and it did not seem like it took that much......The customer is a good friend so he was not upset, I told him that I would just get another one for him and replace it............I called the Volvo dealer this AM and they have them for $170.00.

Anyone know of a place to get them online for a bit better cost?

I charged him $200.00 for the job so looks like Saturdays job is going to be a free one for my mistake!!!

Focusedonsound
07-25-2005, 12:17 PM
I was cleaning a Volvo rag top over the weekend, I will have pics to post later once they are uploaded...........Anywho I was trying to move the sunvisor out from the inside towards the top of the window......guess what they don`t do that.......problem is that I need glasses to read so things that are that close at times I cannot see real well..................Guess what? I snapped it off the car and it did not seem like it took that much......The customer is a good friend so he was not upset, I told him that I would just get another one for him and replace it............I called the Volvo dealer this AM and they have them for $170.00.

Anyone know of a place to get them online for a bit better cost?

I charged him $200.00 for the job so looks like Saturdays job is going to be a free one for my mistake!!!

try www.rockauto.com or if you know the name of the part or part # go up to google and do a search on froogle google! that should get you pointed in the right direction! It may very well be the same part that volvo has been using on several car models and an easy part to come by!