PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with New Nissan

macaddicted
03-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Ok, after a lot of research and purchasing I think I am ready to go to work on my car. The paint is "Tinted Bronze" sort of a medium gold/champagne color.

I`ve washed it once and it didn`t feel like it needed to be clayed, but then I`m no expert. What I plan to do is:

1 Wash with ONR

2 Use Sonus Polish Enhancer on a gray CSS pad

3 Use a sealant. I have Opit-Seal and Wolfgang Deep Gloss. I`m leaning towards the OS.

4 Finish with OCW

I would like to wash bi-weekly with ONR and put the OCW on about every 4-6 weeks. Since the car is going to be outside constantly I plan on polishing every 3-4 months to keep the paint clean.

Let me know what you think.

Legacy
03-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Ok, after a lot of research and purchasing I think I am ready to go to work on my car. The paint is "Tinted Bronze" sort of a medium gold/champagne color.

I`ve washed it once and it didn`t feel like it needed to be clayed, but then I`m no expert. What I plan to do is:

1 Wash with ONR

2 Use Sonus Polish Enhancer on a gray CSS pad

3 Use a sealant. I have Opit-Seal and Wolfgang Deep Gloss. I`m leaning towards the OS.

4 Finish with OCW

I would like to wash bi-weekly with ONR and put the OCW on about every 4-6 weeks. Since the car is going to be outside constantly I plan on polishing every 3-4 months to keep the paint clean.

Let me know what you think.

Use a zip lock bag to see if your need to clay. Even new cars will have some debris imbedded in the paint.

Scottwax
03-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Should be fine. Starting off with a freshly sealed car and maintaining it with proper wash techniques and regular wax/sealant will go a long way in keeping your paint looking new (or even better than new) even several years down the road.

Envious Eric
03-10-2008, 12:41 AM
i wash weekly, and wax bi-monthly...with OCW....poliseal every other month...